Honda ST1300 Section > Electrics & Electronics - Volts, Amps and Fuses ST1300

Fuel pump not engaging

(1/3) > >>

DJW:
After about three weeks in the bike shop, I have my bike back but still a no go.  I posted previously that it was a ECM issue but after having a loaner ecm delivered and tried the fuel pump still will not prime or engage when the ignition is on.  The bike will wind over but because the fuel pump is not priming, the bike wont start.  I am told that they have examined and tried every possible electrical diagnostic that they can think of and with advice from Honda.  All fuses, relays, connections, switches etc have been checked I am told.  The fuel pump was bridged and proven to work i am told, however once plugged back in to the wiring loom, its a no go.
So, the result is I have a bike that the fuel pump will not engage when the ignition is on so therefore wont start.  Any ideas from the brains trust????

Jdbiker:
Good thing you didn’t invest in a new ECM just to find that wasn’t the issue. I still think it’s a faulty connection or damaged wiring. Do you have a wiring diagram? Trace back wiring from fuel pump. Might have been able to help if you were in Melb.
Good luck 👍

StinkyPete:
My first check wouild be for voltage at the fuel pump wiring connections, but I would assume that's been done.
Do you have enough faith in your mechanic that they have properly investigated the issue, and not just said that they have?

Jdbiker:
If ECM has been eliminated as the problem, other things to check are ,

Fuel cut off relay
Engine stop relay
Engine stop switch
Lean angle sensor

West Aussie Glen:
It may be worthwhile reading this thread:-

http://ozstoc.com/index.php?topic=13796.msg1265480#msg1265480

As well as some strange systems the fuel pump didn't start.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version