Author Topic: 2023-02-19 Burra Ride To Eat  (Read 513 times)

Online Bodø

• Where's My keys
2023-02-19 Burra Ride To Eat
« on: February 20, 2023, 05:58:17 AM »
Burra is closer to Adelaide than I actually thought it was.  I threw it into google maps when planning a course to take. and is said 1hr 52 mins.  I guess until now I've only passed though there on the way to other places.

First stop was at the Villawood information centre at Gawler Belt.  They're doing a new development at Roseworthy under the guise of Saint Yves.  I guess it's only a matter of time before Saint Yves becomes a suburb/locality in its own right.  That's what happened with Eyre in 2017.  It could be confusing as their is a Saint Ives in the Bremer Valley.

Whilst the course to Burra was relatively straight forward I did want to ride the Leasingham to Mintaro Road a d check out the silo art in Farrell Flat so bypassed the Barrier Highway turn off and continued along the Horrocks Highway.  That was a mistake as it was undergoing roadwork and I ended up being covered in mud.  Not related but I did spot this lorry crossing the Wakefield River bridge in the distance at Undalya.

A minute later he spotted me parked on the side of the road.

Today's selfie comes from Mintaro.

The drone's first flight of the day was at Farrell Flat.  Julie said there's an elephant hidden in this silo art but I can't find it.

More drone flights took place at Burra.  This one is above the mine.

GPS tracking for the ride there.  It's pretty straight by my standards.

With heaps of time to kill I went and checked out the house/ruins made famous by Midnight Oil when they used it on their Diesel And Dust album cover before returning and looking at the railway station.

Then I sat outside the venue for lunch for an hour just vegetating.

Not this biggest turnout but enjoyable nevertheless.  My schnitzel and chips was good but the pepper sauce I asked for tasted like plain gravy.

No stops on the way home and went the quickest way via the Barrier, Sturt Highway, Fatchen and North South Motorway.

Seriemester 2020 🏆 🟧 Kawasaki Versys 1000
Seriemester 2021 🏆 ⬛ Yamaha Xmax 300
Seriemester 2023 🏆 🟥 Honda Goldwing 1800

The following users thanked this post: Shiney, Lionel, John g, Langers, Shillas, ruSTynutz, Dragonstaff

Offline Dragonstaff

• Dave
Re: 2023-02-19 Burra Ride To Eat
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2023, 09:23:05 PM »
The vagaries of commerce. Or publicans.

When we lived at Mt Bryan 10 years ago, the Commercial was going great guns, and the Bon Accord was closed.
THERE ARE OLD RIDERS, AND THERE ARE BOLD RIDERS, BUT THERE ARE DAMN FEW OLD AND BOLD RIDERS.

Keep the dirty side down.

2003 ST 1300
1984 1200 Goldwing
1981 GL 500 Silverwing
1980 CX500
(Not all bikes are running at the current time)

The following users thanked this post: Bodø

Offline Brock

• Tardis Tech
  • UNBELIEVABLE "5000 Posts" Member
  • White is the fastest
Re: 2023-02-19 Burra Ride To Eat
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2023, 11:18:21 AM »
Nice, need to fly my drone more..
Brock
Asian Correspondent
2003 Honda ST1100PY

Ulysses #32829