Author Topic: RTE @ "The Pig & Whistle" Trentham East (Saturday 25 February 2023)  (Read 354 times)

Online ruSTynutz

• NR2024 Rally Team
  • Supreme "2000" Club Member
    • "Destined to Drive" Driving School
RIDE REPORT & PICS

We headed off bright and early, well, for us anyhow.(just after 8am)
No wind or rain and blue skies, hmmm, I wonder how long that will last...

By the time we got on to the Princes Freeway at Officer the wind had come up and the sky had changed with threatening dark clouds in the distance.
Over the Bolte Bridge and it wasn't long before we hit rain...well, at least 6 drops hit my visor anyhow.

That was it as far as any more rain on the trip up which was uneventful besides having to deal with the strong wind gusts.

As we were way way early for the RTE we decided a nice hot chocolate was in order so we headed into Woodend and the local bakery.
A bit of a wander around after and with Sue being unable to resist buying some jewellery and a coffee mug, it was soon time to make a move to Trentham East and the "Pig & Whistle" Hotel.

Upon arrival we found we weren't the first as Lawrence & Nigel (on their BM's) had already arrived.
After a chinwag we wandered inside and were shown our tables.
Eventually the stragglers arrived, completing what was definitely the largest attendance to a RTE that Sue & I had ever been to!

After a very nice meal and "dessert" (thanks to JD & Vera) and some great conversations it was time to have the customary flag photoshoot before heading back inside for final farewells.

By now light rain had set in so it was on with the waterproof pants...
Sue & I were wearing our Summer Jackets, but as it's painful fitting the waterproof liners, we decided to head off without them.
As the rain (drizzle?) was light and intermittent and with the great fairing protection of the ST, we remained reasonably dry.

Unfortunately, some way down the Calder Freeway there had been an accident which resulted in traffic coming down to a crawl.
What was probably half an hour later we finally got past the accident scene which, by this time, had mostly been cleaned up.
It couldn't come soon for me though as I struggled with the stop/start/stop start and the lack of grip of my boots on the still damp road surface.

Anyhoo...it wasn't long after that the rain pretty much set in...
Surprisingly we really didn't seem to be getting wet which, considering my summer jacket is basically mesh was, well, surprising!

Arriving at the Burnley Tunnel the traffic again reduced to a crawl but thankfully no stopping & starting but the heat was stifling!

Once out of the tunnel the rest of the trip was a breeze, even if the rain did continue all the way home.

Only "slight" issue was whether I'd need to top up the fuel tank but I needn't have worried as we arrived home just as the fuel gauge started to flash its low fuel warning.

Stripping off our bike gear the only wet patch we had both suffered were slightly damp left shoulders for some reason...  :think1

Thanks to Michael for yet again organising this RTE and an even bigger thanks to everyone who attended which made this RTE such a great success!  :clap

2005 Honda ST1300A

The following users thanked this post: Shiney, Wild Rose, Kev Murphy, Jdbiker, Bodø

Offline Jdbiker

• NR2024 Rally Team
  • Supreme "2000" Club Member
  • ST Legend
Re: RTE @ "The Pig & Whistle" Trentham East (Saturday 25 February 2023)
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2023, 06:35:51 AM »
Great pics pics and RR, thanks for sharing Rusty :thumbs.
Jdbiker.
2008 red ST1300A
1980 Yamaha XS 1100
1974. Yamaha TX 500 sold
1984   Kawasaki GT 750
1975  Honda GL1000 selling

Honda XL 250 sold
Suzuki TS 100
2000 Honda ST1100P
1988 Enfield Bullet 350
 1941 Royal Enfield WD/C 350 engine
2021 Royal Enfield Bullet 500
2024 Honda Transalp coming

The following users thanked this post: Wild Rose, ruSTynutz

Online Wild Rose

• UNBELIEVABLE "5000 Posts" Member
  • Toowoomba, Qld
Re: RTE @ "The Pig & Whistle" Trentham East (Saturday 25 February 2023)
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2023, 08:50:11 AM »
Great pics pics and RR, thanks for sharing Rusty :thumbs.
:like
Leo (Wild Rose)
Honda ST 1300
:rd13       :blk13                            :Spyder
 2002                            New 29-04-13 

Ulysses #49154
FarRider #243

The following users thanked this post: ruSTynutz