Honda ST1100 Section > Honda ST1100 General Questions

Two questions

(1/2) > >>

Greencan:
Evening All...

Two questions without notice if I may.

Firstly I need to procure the 2 front and 1 rear aftermarket brake rotors to suit a non-ABS 1100. I would very much like to hear from anyone that has had first hand experience with both procurement and thoughts on quality please.

Secondly, I would also very much like to hear the thoughts of anyone that has put a 60 series rear tyre on an ABS/TCS/CBS variant 1100 please?

Cheers, the can :)

alans1100:
Not to sure about the disc rotors as I haven't needed to look for them yet.

The rear tyre. I have had two 160/60 tyres put on. Not through any choice by me. It was just done by the bike shop probably because they couldn't source the 160/70 tyre.

The overall diameter difference between the two is 27mm +/-. Not much but the rear wheel spins more over any given distance for the 60 profile tyre.

Another option is the 170/60 tyre from the 1300. Overall not a lot of difference than the 160/60 except for wider tread

:bl11
Alan

saaz:
I have used the Metalgear disc rotors on a non-abs 96 ST1100. Work as well as the Honda OEM ones, and look the same. There is also another brand out there on ebay that look quite different to the OEM but I have seen on a few ST1100s.

Malcolm6112:
If my memory serves. Send and email to STray. He's on the forum and ask him what he did to his 1100.
I think he got his parts cheap from England. Or Google ST1100 parts and you are bound to find lots of stuff, gen and non gen.

:blu13

Greencan:
Morning Guys...

Got the rotors from Metal Gear in Brissie, so Ta for that Saaz.

As for the tyres, just wanted to find out if anybody had actually experienced any ABS issues if a 60 series were  to be put on the rear while leaving the front alone...I suspected probably many have without any expected issues as I can only recall 2 occasions in which the ABS on my bikes has actually activated (saved my butt)...essentially, being able to use a 60 series trye opens up the options of choice somewhat, that's all.

Cheers, Dick :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version