OzSTOC Ride Reports, Pictures & Videos > Pictures & Video's and Games

New Game - Who's ridden in the hottest/coldest temps?

(1/17) > >>

Diesel:
Take a pic of your dashboard external temp readout WHILST OUT ON A RIDE and post it here so others can see how foolish  BRAVE you are. No pic - it never happened! And no pics of leaving your bike to idle and heat up the sensor either - honesty is paramount!      :-(((

Happy hunting - oh - and tell us where and when to keep it interesting for us all.

Cheers, Diesel

Maverick75:
No display, sorry, but my missus and I rode through Gyra sometime in the early '00s in winter on our first ST. It was F'in cold. We pulled up and poor Rob fell off the bike frozen.

I'll try to re-inact that experience sometime soon. Any volunteers?

alans1100:
Sorry, no temp gauge on 1100's to cold for camera to work properly.

The coldest ride we've had is on 20th May 2006 which was the day we rode home from Bendigo after picking up  :bl11. The previous evening we were met at the railway station by the owner who took us to her home. After a coffee or two and the sale finalised we hopped on the bike and headed to the caravan park cabin we had booked for the night.

We left 6:30am on the 20th and never noticed the frost until we got out of town on the way to Serpentine (40kms from Bendigo). We could see the ice either side of the road and to cut the wind chill I slower to about 60kph from 80kph for a couple k's. About 5 kms from Serpentine Heather had to get off the bike, as it was to cold for her. About ten minutes later we were on the move again and stopped at the roadhouse in Serpentine and stayed inside until we thawed out.

Poppy Dave:
No pic's Diesel as this happened a couple of years ago.

Several times, on the work bike, we've been on patrol and the gauge has hit its highest reading. If you've never seen it you're lucky. The gauge topped out at 50. :eek

DoM gave the temp's at early 40's but on the bike, with reflected heat of the road surface, etc, it was showing 50.

Dave                                                                        :wht13

alans1100:

--- Quote from: roper5874 "ONENUT" on June 24, 2012, 10:18:43 PM ---No pic's Diesel as this happened a couple of years ago.

Several times, on the work bike, we've been on patrol and the gauge has hit its highest reading. If you've never seen it you're lucky. The gauge topped out at 50. :eek

DoM gave the temp's at early 40's but on the bike, with reflected heat of the road surface, etc, it was showing 50.

Dave                                                                        :wht13

--- End quote ---

I remember in a day early March 2007 that I barely made it into Geraldton as they had their hottest day on record. The temperature I don't know but I wasn't used to it. I sat in the Coles shopping centre for two hours getting over heat stroke. At least the fairing helped a little but I did see a harley rider as well, not sure how he coped. It was also two/three days before cyclone George hit Port Hedland.

That was on my first trip to Port Hedland and I went via the coast rather the shorter inland route because I called in to see my sis who lives near Kwinana.

I never wore my wet weather gear around Port Hedland/Karratha either. If it did rain, it was warm enough to dry out in five/ten minutes....lol

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version