Honda ST1100 Section > Fuel & Fuel Additives ST1100

Preliminary results of using PM800 Fuel additive

(1/2) > >>

Brock:
Here are some results regarding the use of PM800 fuel additive in my ST1100

Prior to the additive (6 fill ups)  I was averaging 15.7 Ks per Litre (a long trip or two helps improve the economy figures)

Using additive (6 fill ups includes a long trip)       15.6 Ks per Litre

After additive (only 3 fills no long trips )              14.9 Ks per Litre   ( No long trip so economy down slightly)

My view is that using PM800 has had little if any effect on fuel consumption on my ST1100. I still need to do a few fills to get the Ks and fuel usage, and a long trip (to remove the economy skew).

It may be that the fuel / carby system in my bike was clean to start with, so improvement wasnt possible.

The end result ( well not really the end as I still have a lot of PM800 to go) is that I have seen no improvement in economy, but neither have I seen any degradation. There is a possibility that PM800 could help with bad fuel, and it could be giving a bit of top end lubrication.

So the Jury is still out.
Do you have any factual results either way?? If so, post them here. Subjective things like a feel of an increase of power isnt what I am after, its provable info backed by kept records...

harieg:
what about STP
any one done an EVAL on that

Streak:
just my ten cents, i have tried the fuel additives of differing brands over the last couple of years, half the time i think they are something with food colouring in them, i have not had 1 yet that has provided savings, fuel economy or noticeable extra power.

i just wonder are they what they are cracked up to be? or is it a good ploy for us to spend another $10.95 a bottle, to make us feel like we are doing the right thing?

not saying i am right or wrong, more just curious to what the right answer might be.....

Cheers

Streak

Mitch:
 Hi Streak
               Have been keeping track of my fuel usage since I first got the ST in Dec 2011.  :fp
   Before I started using PM800 I only used Premium Unleaded.

50 fills before PM800 including trip to Blackheath  Average 17.94 klm/lt  (50.67 Imp MPG) For a total of 16,472.8 Klm  Using Premium Unleaded (8 to12cents per litre dearer)
     12 fills so far using PM800 and Standard Unleaded  Average 17.91 klm/lt  (50.59 Imp MPG) For a total of 3,325.6 Klm  Extra cost per litre for PM800  3.5c
      Savings for me using Pm800 4.5 to 8.5 cents per litre.  :hatwave
      It is very hard to say if there is any improvement performance wise but I am happy just with the savings and the convience of using Unleaded.  :wink1
       Any performance gains, cleaner injectors or other benifits are just a bonus if they happen.  :whistle
                                :grin :grin

saaz:
I have used it for a while in the ST1100, and can't say I have seen any improvement in fuel usage, but again I think with the STs that they must be quite ok stock compared to other bikes. I use 91 or E10.

One big difference I have found is that when I got a bad batch of fuel (suspect water in it) coming back from Robertson that I struggled to get home..and of course I had stopped using the PM800 a tank or so before. Luckily Lionel had some PM800 I gave him to try so I bunged in a  double dose.  Made it back to Canberra just as it was probably too much water in the carb bowls for it to get rid of.  Just as I got back the bike cleared itself, but lots of water vapour coming out the back but at least it runs fine.  I think that in some case it does work, and may be some extra insurance for those times when you have to fill up in unfamiliar places way from home.

I am using the PM800 in the car as I have converted it to liquid injection LPG, so need something to keep the petrol and injectors in reasonable condition as will only have to put 5 litres of petrol in every month or so.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version