General Category > General Discussion

OzSTOC Facebook....

<< < (2/15) > >>

Sabie:
Hey Whiz,

We're not all 12 years old. Facebook does indeed have benefits if used properly just like email and this forum do. It's a communication tool that has in my opinion been over run.  The organization I work for (which is an emergency service) use it as one of many tools at our disposal to alert the public in times of emergencies. You'd be surprised at how many people respond to it.

But having said that, I undstand where your coming from. We need to understand the younger generation are doing a similar thing we used and talk sh?t down the pub with our mates. Young people use a different medium.

Cheers whizz. :)

Streak:
the personal side of face i dont get into so much, but it has transformed how i promote firstly my business, and also OzSTOC.

You all would be surprised how many members we have that have found is through Social Media, I have got us media promotion through magazines by firstly posting on and then contacting them through their social media pages.

But I will go on record as saying, it is just an avenue to promote the group, it is there if you use facebook to like our page, if you are not interested, it is perfectly ok.

for example i have shared the very good video that Brett posted about safe riding, it is all about spreading the word!

if everyone always did the same thing the world would be a boring place......

cheers

Graham (Streak)

H3NDO:
^^^^ well said Sabie :thumbs

Im on Facebook and have liked ozstoc  :thumb

FYI - You'll never be able to explain new technology to old farts ...  :rofl

:blu13

Sabie:
Hey, Thanks H3ndo.

It's a case of take it or leave it, and if you leave it, hey that's fine. To each his own, and that's what make this country great. You can agree to disagree and still be mates. If whizz and Yorkie don't use Facebook that's no problem. But their here on OzSTOC to put in their 2 cents worth and that's what counts, good onya guys.

STay Safe, Ride Safe :thumb

Sabie

alans1100:
We went to facebook just to keep in touch with family etc. Heather has added video to hers and have video chat with her sisters. Though even among some family members discretion should still apply and not everything should be out there for all to see so I tend to use a PM for that.

Putting things like the ride to the border etc I'll put on my page and it will save me telling the same thing over and over...lol

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version