General Category > General Discussion

OzSTOC Facebook....

<< < (15/15)

Sicman:
 :thumbs Well Done you Great People's - OzSToc now has over 600 likes :-)  :clap

Thanks for helping us celebrate the Great People and the Great things happening in the OzSToc world  ;-*  :thumbsup

Assassin:
I've posted on Facebook a few times, but my comments are always deleted for some reason...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

alans1100:

--- Quote from: Assassin on June 17, 2017, 02:06:38 PM ---I've posted on Facebook a few times, but my comments are always deleted for some reason...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

--- End quote ---
Not sure if they're deleted but moved. Facebook changes that often it's hard to keep up.

On the left menu select posts and on the RH side of the page you should see "Visitors Posts" Select the heading and scroll down the posts.

Bodø Glimt:

--- Quote from: alans1100 on June 17, 2017, 02:43:10 PM ---Facebook changes that often it's hard to keep up.
--- End quote ---

Tell me about it.  I am forever screaming "why can't people leave sh*t alone?".  Does my head in.

ST2UP:

Here is the basic way to use the OzSTOC Facebook group for those who don't want to use all the annoyances of the rest of FB.  :thumbsup

Step 1: Set this link as a favorite on your desktop or taskbar on your pc, (you can also set it as a button on your smart phone) https://www.facebook.com/groups/ozstocgroup/

Step 2: Using the link and logging in, it will take you straight to the group, and you don't have to think about the rest of it (it is like the forum, there is a huge part of it we don't use, we use the part we want to)

Step 3: Use the group, you can simply post up a thread or comment the same as the forum, you can share a link from the forum to the group as well, they work in kind pretty well.

Step 4: if you are struggling, and want some tips and help, or help to simply sign up to Facebook, Streak is happy to help you 0488 385 858, or send him a pm.

Step 5: Don't be daunted by it, 3/5 people in the world now have a FB account, the security settings are there so your account can be locked down as tight as you would like it, once again Streak can help you do that.

Side note: 3 mediums of OzSTOC, OzSTOC has the FORUM first and foremost, it has a Facebook PAGE (which we have had for years) that acts like the front page of a newspaper, where announcements get put, works similar to the front page of website, the Facebook GROUP acts like the forum, but is a simpler quicker more socially interactive way to use it, it is not the best place to post a technical work though of something you built, bought or did.

FACT we have become quieter, and less contributions on the forum, many of these wonderful people of OzSTOC are still here, but they post about what they are doing on social media, as it is simple, no need for 3rd party image hosting, so rather than close our minds and lose those good people this is away to keep them involved and part of this wonderful group of people, you choose which one you use or both, we are working for the longevity of OzSTOC, all we ask is everyone to have an open mind and understand this is about being an inclusive group and catering to the needs of the many.

We are giving you choices....how and if, you use them is up to you  ;-*

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version