Honda ST1100 Section > Suspension ST1100

New fork springs or not?

(1/2) > >>

bluehonda:
 :bl11

I'm about to change the fork oil in my 1999 ST1100, ABS and thought I'd ask those that know if there would be a noticeable improvement in handling if I installed new springs.
The bike's travelled 70000 kms and I expect it will  handle better if I only change the oil but I'm wondering how much improvement I'd get if I changed the springs also.  I plan to use 10w oil.

Thanks
Brad

tj189:
Interesting question,  I had my forks done a few months back with the oil and seals as one of them had gone.  Did not notice much difference if any.  Now having said that, I have just replaced the rear shock with a Koni and now I have noticed a real difference in handling. It feels as if the bike reacts as "one" not sure how else to explain it other than that the front end and rear end appear to be noticeably working together??
My suggestion would be to do both ends at the same time if you have not already replaced the rear shock.

bluehonda:
Thanks
I intend to replace the rear shock as well and currently I'm leaning towards a Progressive shock.
Isn't that another can of worms.

Brad

Streak:
All I can say is I went for the ikon shock on good advice, it was the dearer option, but it is first class, could not give it a bigger thumbs up for rear shock  :thumb I am yet to do my front springs

royst1100:
if and when you do the front forks think of replaceing antidive spring, piston and seals, about $130 i think. did forks several years ago with progresive springs but kept doing fork seal. after repairs to seal and antidive had to learn to handle bike again as the inprovment was so greatly noticable

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version