Honda ST1300 Section > Fuel & Additives ST1300

ST1300 Fuel Filter replacement....

<< < (2/3) > >>

Gavo:
Excellent news  :thumb

Diesel:
Hey Tony, perhaps it wouldn't hurt to run a couple of tanks of juice with petrol treatment in in to clean out fuel lines and injectors after all that tripe?

Just a thought.

Cheers, Diesel

youngSTer:
Thanks Diesel have already run one container of fuel system cleaner which is actually 2 tanks of fuel.
So much for pre-delivery of second hand bikes eh!!! Not to mention that the St would be thoroughly detailed
before delivery. LOL.

I think the dealer deserves one or more these   o:) o:) o:)

ST2UP:
Completed this task today using the link provided.......all good although I would add that when you remove the second hose for the fuel return line to have ready a piece of hose to drain into a container the fuel still above the base of pickup in the tank from this nipple on top of the pump.

:beer

DBfive:
Just done this exercise myself and wondered what the inside of the filter looked like.  The jar contains some of the stuff that came out of the filter when I removed it.  Be interesting to know what the colour of a new filter is like but I don't feel like cutting a new one up!  Also the two little plastic stacks of "beads" were in the lower tank.  I presume Honda put them there but what are they?  There's no mention of them in the manual.

Finally, I had a bit of drama after going to top up with fuel after putting everything back together.  Looks like the gasket/packing got pinched or twisted somewhere along the way and about 3-4litres of 95 Vortex poured over bottom of the bike and onto the driveway at the servo.  I think it got written up as numbnut customer incident.  Doh!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version