Honda ST1100 Section > Honda ST1100 General Questions

Timing Belt for ST1100

<< < (3/3)

Greencan:
Arvo Brock, so you have I hadn't noticed that :thumb...I thought that material you have hyper-linked to is copy righted :think1...it has been lifted from licensed software...hence my offer only to provide the actual worksheets for this task...just a thought :wink1

Cheers Dick :)

Brock:
Cool, Timing belt has arrived. Now to put it away safely until its needed.

STeveo:
Changed the oil today after a run with local club and while I had the maintaince cover off to refill the oil decided the check tension of timing belt. Found it a bit loose as I suspected as the noises from front of engine have been getting a little louder over past 12 months.   :o  The book says that all plastic and radiator have to be removed to get to tensioner, but all I did was to remove the silver cover on front of right head, undo three bolts to remove the black plastic cover, loosen bolt at top of cover and one on front of head so can get large screwdriver in to push cover apart enough to get a 14mm ring spanner onto adjuster bolt to loosen and then tighten again when belt tight, and reassemble. It is a bit fiddly and patience is needed as some bolts are one flat at a time to turn, but only took me 20 minutes. Much better than as the book says.  :thumbsup

:bl11

Brock:
That is good to know

:thumbsup :thumbsup :thumbsup

basadia:
I've just replaced my timing belt after 150k and found a couple of issues, the bottom pulley needs to come of to remove the cover as it won't tip far forward with motor in the frame. I got the new belt back on and when I rotated it the recommended four times the belt came of the bottom pulley and rode up over the retaining plate, bugger. Next attempt got it on and did the four rotations and all was good the timing marks were spot on and the motor fired up first time.
Only issue I now have is I want to replace the radiator hoses but the bottom one is behind the frame bracket and I cannot get a screw drive in to undo it, might have to get the dremmel out and cut the bugger :cuss. Hoping have it all back together tomorrow.

Keith

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version