Honda ST1300 Section > "How To..." Instructions and Pics for Regular Maintenance Jobs specific to the ST1300...

Air Horn install (ST1300)

(1/14) > >>

Shiney:
For Christmas I got an Air horn from Gaz 8)

So last Saturday I finally got around to doing the install :grin

1.   Remove seat & right pannier

2.   Remove plastic covering the battery (right side)

3.   Remove the Tupperware from the right side exposing the original horn

4.   Remove the mirror (right side) and the screws holding the front faring on this side

5.   Push apart the black plastic dash and the front faring. This exposes a metal plate with a unused hole

6.   The hole needs to be drilled out a little to fit the screw that holds the new horn (The plastic needs to be held apart while carefully drilling)

This is where the blot will go after drilling :thumb

7.   Bolt the horn onto the bike using the “new” mounting point :wink1

8.   Plug the original horn wires onto the relay and attach the relay to the bike (I mounted it upside down behind the original horn using it’s mounting bolt)

9.   Attach the earth to the air horn and ground it to the bike and attach the power wire to the relay.

Here are some close up photos of the relay showing where it is mounted and how the wires are attached as described in step 8 & 9.

10.   Run the power wire back to under the seat

11.   Attach the inline fuse holder and connect to the battery

12.   Connect a power wire from the air horn to the relay and put a fuse in the inline fuse holder

13.   Test the horn (Damn thing is louder then a truck horn) :eek :eek :eek

14.   Replace the front faring screws and the mirror then all the plastic

15.   Go for a ride :runyay

Cheers
Shiney

saaz:
The ST13 fundamentals are really quite different to the ST11.  Good job  :thumbsup

Shiney:

--- Quote from: saaz on January 16, 2013, 02:29:56 PM ---The ST13 fundamentals are really quite different to the ST11.  Good job  :thumbsup

--- End quote ---

Thanks mate, it took a while but I’m very happy with the result :thumb

royst1100:
at least they will know you're there. pipes and if they cannot still hear you  |-i  the air horns   :thumbs  that will wake em up

saaz:
Quite part from all the Shiney things catching the light  :grin

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version