OzSTOC Ride Reports, Pictures & Videos > National Rally 2014 Reports & Photo/Videos

National Rally 2014 Information & Photos

<< < (2/3) > >>

Brock:
Nice background

Trevsta83:
Anyone from WA ride over? How much does it cost for the whole trip roughly? Looks like fun!

Brock:
Yep, a few rode over, they should recover soon and post their experiences.

HOFFY:
G'day everyone.

Just recovering from the time difference and still waking up at 4.00am each morning.

WOMBAT and I left Perth 6.30am on Monday the 17th of March, 2014 and got home at around 3.00pm on Saturday the 30th March, 2014.

I did a quick add of the costs and came up with the following;

Distance travelled      over 7100km
Fuel cost                  $743.00   (Mose expensive on the Nullabor with $2.07 a litre PULP) 
Fuel used                 386 litres travelling between 90-110km/h

Prior to leaveing purchased two new tyres (Michelins) at $550.00 fitted
Battery packed up on the Grt Ocean Road and had to be replaced at $105 (Battery World)

Didn't record accommodation but the average cost at most parks was around $30 to throw your swag on the ground out the back of the parks. Other places charged around $10.

Out of the 14 or so days we bush camped  about half the time as the weather was perfect, full moon at the beginning of the trip, lots of stars at the end of the trip.

Pulled up in my driveway on the 30.3.14 about 3.00pm and the rain fell out of the sky for hours. Someone was looking after us.

Only incident was I dropped my video camera off the suction cup as I rounded  a bend in South Aust at 110Km/h. Camera bounced like a golf ball behind me and when I returned to pick it up, it had no obvious damage but I cant get it to record anything so I have added that to the cost.

WOMBAT had a large swag across the back of his bike which added about a further 3 litres each time we filled up.

GAVO took his trailer and was restricted to between 80 & 100km/h but the bike, trailer and GAVO moved like silk along the road and although we went ahead of him, he still managed to get home before us

I'm a bit soft in my old age and could only manage about 150km before having to get off the bike for a short walk and a rub. GAVO kept plodding along until he needed fuel.

Would I do it again? Not now but give me a couple of weeks and ask me again.

WOMBAT has a truck load of photo's and will possibly put a few on the screen to make you all envious.

Regards

HOFFY.

sargent:
Thanks for that Hoffy,
Fatigue must be a factor in those long rides or just different time calender zones in WA to the rest of us.... :rofl  :rofl.

Here in Canberra ( yes I know were a little different) Saturday was only the 29th.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version