General Category > General Discussion

OzSTOC Custom Motorcycle Jacket

<< < (2/209) > >>

Bikebear:
I like the idea of a touring length jacket in textile (cordura) . Zippered vents that run up/down either side the front that can be zipped from top and bottom to control ventilation, zippered vents in the sleeves below the elbow and zippered vents at the shoulders and across the back. A couple of waterproof pockets on the front and an internal waterproof pocket on the rhs of the main zip. The jacket should zip up the front with a velcro closure over the top to stop draughts.The jacket should have an elasticised waist so that,it doesn't flap around, and the wrists should have a zip allowing them to expand for ease of putting on with a velcro closure over the top so they can closed snugly. It should have hi-vis piping along the shoulders and arms. Armour in the elbows and the back. The jacket could have a zip in liner either waterproof or quilted, I don't use jacket liners, I have several hanging in my cupboard. In wet weather I wear a raincoat over the top and in winter I have a polar fleece to go underneath.

I already have all this in a Collins Aqua touring jacket but it is getting a bit old and I like the colour scheme in the example above, I would definitely buy one if it had these attributes.

Leather is a waste of time for me, as in the tropics as it is just too hot. I figure the ST is a touring bike and I find I'm very comfortable in a touring jacket.

Well that's my 87.5c worth....

sargent:
   Fabric for manufacture - cotton, leather,  textile, or hybrid?
:- Textile or Hybrid.
   Length of jacket short or touring style?
:- Touring style
   Consider the wearer of the jacket is riding a well faired bike that needs more ventilation.
:- Definately needs under arm vents and a Zipped one on the back would be great.
   Any other specific design features? E.g.  Additional mesh panels for ventilation

   Is ventilation required, placement of ventilation?

   Does the jacket need to be waterproof? Removable or permanent waterproof lining
:- Removable waterproof lining is a must
   Does it need to provide protection from the elements when the temperature drops to 5 degrees?
:- Yes also removable.
   Does the jacket need a thermal lining?
:- Yes see above.
   Should the thermal lining be removable?
:- Yes
   Does it need to be suitable when the temperature is over 30 degrees?
:- Oh God yes

Now that design is awesome, I love the colours.

Would the Ladies jacket be styled the same?

A2Z:
   Fabric for manufacture - cotton, leather,  textile, or hybrid?  TEXTILE

   Length of jacket short or touring style? TOURING

   Consider the wearer of the jacket is riding a well faired bike that needs more ventilation. MORE VENTILATION

   Any other specific design features? E.g.  Additional mesh panels for ventilation. LOTS OF LARGE CARGO STYLE P0CKETS, COLOR AND DESIGN SIMILAR TO EXAMPLE WITH HIGHLY REFLECTIVE MATERIAL IN WHITE AREAS. WET WEATHER REMOVABLE INSERTS, WATERPROOF HOODIE INSIDE COLLAR

   Is ventilation required, placement of ventilation?  YES!!!  MESH PANELS ALONG CHEST AND BACK AREA FOR FLOW THRU, AND ALONG ARMS AND TOP OF SHOULDERS.

   Does the jacket need to be waterproof? Removable or permanent waterproof lining?  REMOVABLE LINING

   Does it need to provide protection from the elements when the temperature drops to 5 degrees?  YES BUT THROUGH USE OD REMOVABLE LINING.

   Does the jacket need a thermal lining? YES!!!

   Should the thermal lining be removable?  YES!!!

   Does it need to be suitable when the temperature is over 30 degrees? YES!!!

wayne05:
  Fabric for manufacture - cotton, leather,  textile, or hybrid?

   Length of jacket short or touring style?  Touring

   Consider the wearer of the jacket is riding a well faired bike that needs more ventilation.  Good ventilation

   Any other specific design features? E.g.  Additional mesh panels for ventilation

   Is ventilation required, placement of ventilation?                                                  Not sure where but the more the better for summer

   Does the jacket need to be waterproof? Removable or permanent waterproof lining      Waterproof jacket

   Does it need to provide protection from the elements when the temperature drops to 5 degrees?   Not essential for me can always wear layers under

   Does the jacket need a thermal lining?     Removable thermal lining

   Should the thermal lining be removable?

   Does it need to be suitable when the temperature is over 30 degrees?              A definite for me

Love the colours in the drawing as is

Don Law:
I love the idea of an OzSTOC jacket and I will certainly buy one.

   Fabric for manufacture:   Textile.

   Length of jacket:   Touring Style.

   Is ventilation required, placement of ventilation?      Yes. Front, back & Arms.

   Does the jacket need to be waterproof?   No.

   Does it need to provide protection from the elements when the temperature drops to 5 degrees?   Yes.

   Does the jacket need a thermal lining?   Yes.

   Should the thermal lining be removable?     Yes.      

   Does it need to be suitable when the temperature is over 30 degrees?   Yes.

And the design of the jacket here looks great.

:13Candy

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version