No Parking Zone! > Hobbies outside of OzSTOC

4x4 Offroading

(1/4) > >>

alchemist:
Well thought I'd post up one of my other hobbies.

We enjoy getting out in the 4x4 going camping and looking for challenging tracks and interesting places a fair bit and I'm sure some of you do as well, so please share some of your photos too!

I drive a 2004 Landcruiser 100 Series, Turbo Diesel, 5 speed auto with all the fruit, e.g. Chipped, exhaust, ARB air lockers (for better traction when needed) ARB winch bar, ARB scrub bars and steps, Dual wheel carrier, 2" OME Lift kit, Triple batteries in the engine bay with a battery management system, 80 watt solar panel on the roof rack, Sat/nav DVD player and the list goes on...

Our camper is a custom made hard floor off-road unit with independent suspension, thick canvas, full annexe, twin jerry and gas bottle holders, stereo, slide out kitchen, stainless twin burner, hot water shower system etc.

ST2UP:
We sold our modified Landcruiser some months ago......as we decided to move to a 4x4 dual cab set up in a similar manner to the cruiser for long distance touring, we thought the Landcruiser may have taken some time to sell as the mods done to the vehicle when costed up to replace we're worth more than the std vehicle, so we advertised with big money expecting it to take along time to sell......3 days and it was off to a new home.

We are just awaiting the launch of the new Toyota Hilux to see if it will suit our future plans.

:beer

alchemist:
Nice Chris, what engine and trans did you have in the Cruiser? It doesn't  surprise me really, it's very expensive to modify them these days.

Hilux is definitely a nice choice, before our Landcruiser I bought a brand new Hilux in 2006 and decked it out for touring, very costly exercise but was worth it.

We sold that and went to a Landcruiser for the towing capacity.

Here is some photos of my old Hilux for inspiration  ;-*

blackduck:
while we are showing off 4by's best put mine in
what else do i do with minimal spare time
diving, fishing and boating

StinkyPete:
Here's some browsing and good prices for 4WD and Camping Stuff.
https://www.4wdsupacentre.com.au/

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version