Honda ST1100 Section > Suspension ST1100

ST1100 suspension advice

(1/13) > >>

Streak:
I noticed after my trip to Nambucca and back my rear suspension was soft, and it is set up for pillion/carrying extra gear, then it dawned on me that my rear shock was almost 16 years old on my 1996 ST1100

Any advice on what I can upgrade to or hints on setting up properly?

Cheers

Streak

saaz:
RAD in Brisbane can do rebuilds of the OEM shock, and can also change the spring if you need a heavier one.  This would be the cheapest option, but I have heard that the life of the rebuild might vary,   but it may do what you want.  I have a spare OEM shock you could borrow if you don't want to be off the road for too long (I think it is my original, but as I have lent it to a few people it may not be!).  After that Hagon make replacement shocks that seem good value but not the latest or greatest.

alans1100:
Hi,

If ever I get rich then this will replace mine. But at the moment my priority is getting stuff ready for timing belt replacement in 10,000k's time

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/360393864521?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649

and these for the front though I have no prob with front yet.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/PROGRESSIVE-FRONT-FORK-SPRINGS-1991-2002-HONDA-ST1100-/250740987991?pt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&hash=item3a6153d857

I only notice occaisional rear shock bottoming out when partner is on board and she complains suspension is set to firm. But our minor sealed roads aren't the best in SA

Streak:
Thank you gents for the advice, I need to do something I think, I actually bottomed out once or twice on the trip, and it was only me with full panniers and top box.

Biggles:

--- Quote from: Streak on February 22, 2012, 06:08:39 AM ---Thank you gents for the advice, I need to do something I think, I actually bottomed out once or twice on the trip, and it was only me with full panniers and top box.

--- End quote ---

That's still quite a substantial load!!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version