Honda ST1300 Section > Fuel & Additives ST1300

Usable fuel capacity on ST1300

<< < (3/3)

Gatey:
Not to mention fuel quality in that list TJ.

That becomes very evident once your out on a very big ride and the data is flowing in every 600/700km and the bad fuel is very evident.

One trip a few months ago had been producing good 21's then dropped on a full 45ltrs to below 14 per 100 with all other conditions well within variables.
Almost blew the ride plan requiring one unplanned fuel stop fortunately the place was still open. 30ltrs on top of the remaining crap fuel and instant mid 19's.

My thoughts after a good few years filling from all sorts of servos large small in town or out along the way. Crap low energy fuel does exist regardless of brand. Its enough to stuff your figures.

Abe:

--- Quote from: Gatey on March 07, 2015, 08:28:04 PM ---Not to mention fuel quality in that list TJ.

That becomes very evident once your out on a very big ride and the data is flowing in every 600/700km and the bad fuel is very evident.

One trip a few months ago had been producing good 21's then dropped on a full 45ltrs to below 14 per 100 with all other conditions well within variables.
Almost blew the ride plan requiring one unplanned fuel stop fortunately the place was still open. 30ltrs on top of the remaining crap fuel and instant mid 19's.

My thoughts after a good few years filling from all sorts of servos large small in town or out along the way. Crap low energy fuel does exist regardless of brand. Its enough to stuff your figures.

--- End quote ---

So would you use a fuel additive/booster or what ever it's called to assist when you have to use servo's out of the way?? if so, has it assisted fuel economy >>

Gatey:
Funny thing is Abe, its not always fuel servos that are out of the way places that produce poor fuel burns.
I've picked up crap fuel in places as divers as Lithgow, Goondiwindi, Hebal, Warwick, Tailem Bend, Ouyen, Little Topar and the list can go on.

Many of these occasions Ive been in company and the second bikes produced the same poor results per fills.

Never used a fuel booster in the bikes so I cant answer.

Its worth noting on the 1300 that area of fuel in the top tank that under normal level condition would never be able to sneak into the lower tank.
Throw in a long steady climb on or below two bars at say the Moombi's for example (or between Gillgandra and Coonabarabran) Its probably more than feasible on occasion to be held for longer climbing that bit of range and more of that trapped fuel to drain into the bottom tank and actually get used.
I have noted in a similar topic the refill from one such occasion that returned over 28ltrs to fill the bike up. But it had run very high mileage too.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version