Honda ST1300 Section > Fuel & Additives ST1300

Usable fuel capacity on ST1300

<< < (2/3) > >>

Totgas:
This may be common knowledge however,

The ST1300 has a dual-section fuel tank which places 21 liters of fuel in the conventional tank location and an additional 8.7 liters in a sub-tank located low in the chassis. This results in an increase in fuel capacity and an even weight distribution.

I also believe the ST1100 has the same arrangement, that's why when filling, the last liter takes it's time filling all the available space.

A.

alans1100:

--- Quote from: Totgas on February 15, 2015, 10:57:20 PM ---I also believe the ST1100 has the same arrangement, that's why when filling, the last liter takes it's time filling all the available space.

--- End quote ---

The 1100 unlike the 1300 has a single tank

The correct level to fill is to the bottom of the filler neck which allows room for the fuel to expand on hot days neck but I fill mine all the way as it gets used straight away or at least only sits overnight. It takes longer to fill the last little bit as the air needs to escape as the fuel pushes it out.

Gatey:
"Does anyone have some insight as to how much fuel it should have taken to fill up from "apparent" empty?."

If it didn't stop it isn't all that empty. Cunning buggers these Japs.

You can probably be safe to expect 70km once the low light starts to flash.

I made a habit of testing the peramiters of range on any bike I ride years ago.
And I use the trip meter to good use..

A bit of knowledge puts all these things at ease no surprises.

Edit: Just for general info cos you might need it one day.
If the bikes showing two bars then its all in the bottom tank and that bung in the pump ass can be removed without getting a bath. Tis all from the department of useless information and public mayhem. :grin

cravenhaven:
Riding till it stops would definitely have been the best way to guarantee that the tank was empty, though I was fairly sure that would have meant a very long walk to a servo.
When the low light starts flashing on the ST it generally means 100km to go, and as I said above I've had over 550km on a full tank before, but in this case I didnt know what range I had achieved because the battery had gone flat that morning so the trip meter was reset. I assumed that when the low fuel light came on it meant I had approx 100km to go, and when the remaining distance indicator went blank I was sure that I had around 40k to go as I had experienced before. However when I actually got to a servo and filled up I found that it took somewhat less than I expected so I guessed that the tank wasnt empty at all, hence the question.

tj189:
I would agree with Gatey, around 70Km but there are some depends that go with that like speed, wind, slow traffic etc.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version