No Parking Zone! > Off Topic, Off Colour, and non-motorcycle related

How to stop Repeated Posts

<< < (2/5) > >>

STroppy:
Yep, use that all the time . . . Also use the "search" facility before asking a question as quite often a subject has been addressed before . . Usually a few times . . Also use the "mark all posts as read" facilty to get rid of all those posts of no interest to me . .

Biggles:

--- Quote from: STroppy on March 04, 2015, 08:20:49 AM ---Yep, use that all the time . . . Also use the "search" facility before asking a question as quite often a subject has been addressed before . . Usually a few times . . Also use the "mark all posts as read" facilty to get rid of all those posts of no interest to me . .

--- End quote ---

This response of Stroppy's is more to the point in avoiding regaling us with hilarious old jokes that are even older having been posted on this Forum at least once. 
You can only check that with the "search" button.  Used intelligently, it can very quickly turn up relevant posts back to the beginning of time (well, the beginning of the Forum, anyway).

johnnyYTED:

--- Quote from: STroppy on March 04, 2015, 08:20:49 AM ---Yep, use that all the time . . . Also use the "search" facility before asking a question as quite often a subject has been addressed before . . Usually a few times . . Also use the "mark all posts as read" facilty to get rid of all those posts of no interest to me . .

--- End quote ---
   :fp forgot those , I like x all poST as read, and always search for an answer 1ST or  :grin  STart a new one,
I don't mind reading 2012 poSTs if its relevant to my wundering,

Shiney:
I just read everything ;-*

Wild Rose:

--- Quote from: Brock on March 03, 2015, 09:09:45 PM ---Due to the plethora of repeated posts over the years, here is a hint to see what has been posted that you haven't looked at.  I use this method, otherwise I wouldn't be able to see what's going on.
  Check the pic.

--- End quote ---

Brock
That gets a bit hard when the same joke/story comes up under a different heading like what happened recently

http://ozstoc.com/index.php?topic=8896.0

http://ozstoc.com/index.php?topic=8657.msg100651#msg100651

I use "View the most recent posts on the forum" at the bottom of main page to try to keep up to date with what is happening on OzSTOC

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version