Farkles, Gear & Accessories > Lights and Lighting

LED H4 hi/lo bulbs

(1/23) > >>

saaz:
I am trying out these http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Super-bright-3200lm-h4-led-headlight-hi-lo-beam-car-led-h4-Headlamp-Bulb-35w-12V/32221003713.html after some positive feedback on them by Trophy owners in the US.

Compared to other variations, they are as easy to install as normal H4 bulbs, due to the fan assembly screwing on after fitting the bulb. The rubber boots can also be used

I have some fitted to the Trophy, and put some in Lionel's FJR1300 the other day. In both cases the lights are much brighter than H4s (I was running plus 90 H4s), beam pattern seems to be the same as the H4s (so low beam has a good cutoff), lo and hi LEDs stay on when on hi beam. The LEDs are CREE ones, so not a no name knock off.  Beam colour is the same as the Erica and Jaycar driving lights, so around the 5K to 6K mark, and no more little yellow lights when the driving lights can't be used.  If you can fit H4 bulbs, you can easily fit these.

On road performance yet to be properly tested, and hopefully life will be way more than high powered H4s.

Stay tuned.

ST2UP:
Nice one John  :popcorn

Had a yarn with Skidooo about CREE LED today with the view to replace H4 Hi/Lo with H7 Low only and an adaptor bezel  :think1

saaz:
That's another way to go. Should be an interesting project.

--- Quote from: ST2UP on March 30, 2015, 06:10:05 PM ---Nice one John  :popcorn

Had a yarn with Skidooo about CREE LED today with the view to replace H4 Hi/Lo with H7 Low only and an adaptor bezel  :think1

--- End quote ---

tj189:
Will be interesting  to see the results, thanks for keeping us informed  :thumb

StinkyPete:

--- Quote from: tj189 on March 30, 2015, 06:27:41 PM ---Will be interesting  to see the results, thanks for keeping us informed  :thumb

--- End quote ---

Yes, it looks like decent LED headlight globes are pretty well upon us.   :thumb

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version