Website Info > Website Questions & Suggestions

"Say Thanks" to your fellow members

(1/5) > >>

ST2UP:
Here is a new addition to your forum tools...... :eek

When a post is made here on the forum you will now see in the tool bar at the top right of the post a tick the box box to "Say Thanks ++" to the poster.....this is just a simple gesture to the poster of that message.   

If you got some GENUINE information from that members contribution to the topic I would encourage us all to give them a simple and courteous Thank You.

By adding a "Say Thanks" to their comment two things occour.....

- Under their post a message appears, that they have been thanked by member I.e ST2UP

- Now added to that members profile is the number of times "thanked" under your their post count.

So please embrace this courteous practice and acknowledge a members contribution if you found it to be a GENUINE benefit to your OzSTOC forum experience.

Try and refrain from using as a "Like" button similar to Facebook as it will loose the real meaning and only serve to dilute its real meaning

Here is some examples of a post worthy of a "Say thanks"

- A member posts a ride report with some great pics, with things to see along the way that you thoroughly enjoyed reading.

- A member posts a "how to" on fitting driving lights to their bike that gives you the info you need to do your own install.

- A absolute ripper of a joke gets posted that really gives you a belly laugh that makes your day.

Here are some examples of posts that really isn't worthy of "Say thanks"

- A single or even a couple emoticons only as a reply in response to anothers post.

- When a member wishes another member a Happy Birthday

- Any non informative type post that you not gaining information from.

I hope this provides some clarification on the use of the "Say Thanks" feature of our forum.

Cheers

Chris

Lionel:
What about the converse?
How about a thumbs down for totally useless posts?
Otherwise the Forum lacks balance.  :||||

Marcus:

--- Quote from: Lionel on June 25, 2015, 07:34:34 AM ---What about the converse?
How about a thumbs down for totally useless posts?

--- End quote ---
Wait... that would be every one of my posts :P

Woot we finally get a "Like" button... of sorts

Nigel:
Need to remember that some of the posts are just tongue in cheek, for friendly banter, not what you would say as a Useless post?.. :wht11

Streak:
I think this is a fantastic idea! Means if I appreciate a post I can!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version