Author Topic: Worth the pain  (Read 1337 times)

Offline Couch

• Tassie NR 2019
  • Legendary "1000 Club" Member
  • Tasman Peninsula, Tasmania
Worth the pain
« on: March 09, 2012, 09:10:47 PM »
Had a trip to the dentist today and I loved every moment of it!  :eek  If you're wondering why, well my dentist lies at the end of 85kls of twisty roads.

I was planning to ride in today rather than drive if the weather looked ok..........well at first sight this morn I thought no way :(, the roads were wet with low cloud making it very foggy, then about five minutes before climbing into the cage the fog started to clear and I could almost see a bit of blue sky coming through. So a quick change of clothes and I was on my way. It wasn't at all cold starting off at 15 degrees, and it wasn't long before the temp climbed to 18 degrees and the road began to dry out. Blue skies all the way in to Sorell (85kls), and the best part........absolutely zero wind!!  :thumbsup It was even better coming back with temp increasing slightly uo to 21 degrees.............it turned out to be one of the best short rides I've had in a long time.....and to think I almost took the cage!  :runyay :runyay
There are many paths to the top of the mountain.....but we all need to find our own way!

Offline Biggles

• NatRally 2018 - Mackay
  • "Top Dog" 10000 club
  • Bridgeman Downs, Brisbane
Re: Worth the pain
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2012, 11:54:32 PM »
And your dentist is laughing too because now he can afford a new sail for his boat!  Win-win.
For the modern man who lives in the city, riding a bike might be one of the only ways to escape the humdrum monotony. To take off and ride. To be both at one with nature and one with the bike. To feel masculine. Adam Piggott

OzSTOC #16  STOC #6135  FarR #509  IBA #54927