Honda ST1100 Section > Electrics & Electronics - Volts, Amps and Fuses ST1100

Installing Xenon H4 Bulbs (not HID) Honda ST1100

<< < (20/20)

excopper:
 :bl11 ;-* time had arrived to change out headlights,(down to one low beam)like always when any job has to be done,I always check this forum.
           I decided to go with streak an enter from the top.
removing everything was easy enough.
          the globe's removed where Philips 45/45w. so off I went to local auto shop,only had H4 65w and higher,due to the extra heat they would generate decided to look elsewhere, local busso bike shop over the road, so paid them a visit.they had 45w H4(see photo) $13.90,only the top lug was a fair bit smaller.
couldn't see that this would cause a huge problem, so purchased them,back to shed.

such a simple thing like changing light globes :well turned into a half hour head f#%k.
cant see so everythings done by feel.

problem,holding the rubber boots out of the way.
         problem,re fitting the wire spring clip.
after some persistence got the job done.

the blick H4 globes went in without cutting,bending or getting shims.all good

I find the 45w globes give plenty ,don't want to burn hole in tarmac  :crackup

Shiney:
Good work mate, you'll find it easier next time you have to do it :thumbs

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Grumpy:
Just for info in case it helps someone.

The ST1100L, 1990, came with the European headlamp which has a proper H4 socket built in.

Guess which headlamp is now in RhondaG ( ST1100PY 2000 )?

Saves so much ginning around.  :runyay

excopper:
 :bl11yea right shiney,
                      think the Phillips were the original globes so 111,000ks out of them, if the blicks last as long,dont think I'll need to venture there again. :runyay

jt8277:
Hi Folks,

Just thought I would refresh this post a little and tell you all about my installation of '8000K 55W Heavy Duty Fast Bright H4 9003 Bi-Xenon Dual Beams Motorcycle HID Kit' that I purchased from our friends over at eBay (https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/8000K-55W-Heavy-Duty-Fast-Bright-H4-9003-Bi-Xenon-Dual-Beams-Motorcycle-HID-Kit/152019025614?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649)

Obviously, with the ST1100 it has 2 globes so you need to buy 2 of the kits above... but I don't think $79 is too bad.  The one best advantage of these and one of the main reasons I bought them was that they are pretty much plug and play.

I didn't fancy taking my bike to bits to wire these in to the battery and after reading this post it would have needed wires extending... not these, they plug directly into the H4 stock plugs, you just need to fiddle getting all the cables tucked away in the front of the bike.

Had the usual issue trying to get the clips undone from the previous globes, wish I had had another look at this post before I started.

All installed and despite a little bit of warm up time, it is so much brighter than the previous globes.  Definitely worth a look for anyone who might be considering the upgrade.

If anyone wants some information, please let me know.  I probably should have photographed the process, but it was much the same as the first post.

J

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version