Author Topic: S.E QLD Saturday 25th May Australian Motorcycle Museum  (Read 11805 times)

Offline Bluey

• Burleigh Heads, Qld
Re: S.E QLD Saturday 25th May Australian Motorcycle Museum
« Reply #25 on: May 25, 2013, 06:27:35 PM »
A great day. Despite the very gusty wind, also a great ride.

The museum was a trip down memory lane, for sure. Maybe it is sad when your history is considered to be worthy of a museum. Many of those were real bikes (not just museum pieces), probably for most of us.

I will go again next year.
'99 ST1100

Offline Streak

• Supreme "2000" Club Member
  • Stampy Glitterballs
    • Australian ST Owners Club
« Reply #26 on: May 25, 2013, 06:57:56 PM »
Well it was a fantastic day!

Met up with Chris in Toowoomba and headed down the back way to Gatton and up the museum, was great to see 5 ST1100 sitting there And not a 1300 in sight(jokes)...

Diesel was a late roll up so it made 12 of us all up!

It always amazes me the history and the conversations that are caused by being amongst all the bikes, listening to everyone talking about the bikes they have owned, or want to own before the die..

There was certainly some strange ones as well!

Then lunch! At the Sundownder Hotel, where we found a blue ST1100 who was amazed to see all these Szt's parking around him! Food was great, all in all it was a great RTE, good people and good food!

I am sure people took better photos than me, so post way, above is what I grabbed with my phone  :thumb
Streak (Graham)
Storm Trooper
streak@ozstoc.com
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/OzSTOC
2010 White DL650 Strom
FarRider #667
IBA #59145
Aussie Hard Arse #63

Online Diesel

• Administrator
  • Supreme "2000" Club Member
  • QUEEEENSLANDER!!!!
    • The Review Guys
« Reply #27 on: May 25, 2013, 09:53:39 PM »
Fitting to have seen this beaut today before watching the final in the Back To The Future Trilogy tonight.....

And now for a motorcycle that is powered by a Jet Ranger Bell Helicopter Turbine Engine - good for 350 horses...

An AWESOME Honda Cruiser.. The Valkyrie Rune.

And a bike for Pockey...

Sorry Pockey.       :whistle

Awesome day out, and a great ride over Mt Glorious to get home.

Thanks to all for making it another rip snorta!

Cheers, Diesel
FarRider #416   IBA #55491  
OzSTOC Life Member
:candystwheelie       www.dieselst1300.blogspot.com.au

Offline RexJ

• Corinda, Qld
« Reply #28 on: May 26, 2013, 09:51:46 AM »
  :dred11  Great day out, followed by relaxing lunch.   :eat :beer  Amazing how yesterday suddenly becomes famous in a museum. Being part of it never seems to cross your mind whilst you're creating it.

I never thought much about pain riding years ago, and I never related it to museum history, but time does things to ones thought patterns and I heard a few comments yesterday like...' But gee they were rough'...and 'You wouldn't be a pillion on that thing.'  :grin  :thumbs as well as ..'but ...,  it could go!!

Then there's the thoughts of how well off we could have been if only we'd kept it. Bikes we paid a few hundred bucks for new, now worth $$$,000.
If only we'd known - if only we'd had a De Loreon, and a screwy professor for a uncle!! :rofl  :crackup  :rofl
We now know where there's a DMC :o :eek

(P.S. You guys with the older ST1100's  maybe should be thinking about the longer future)
« Last Edit: May 26, 2013, 09:58:34 AM by RexJ »