Honda ST1100 Section > Honda ST1100 General Questions

Fuel range / capacities

(1/7) > >>

Silky:
Can anyone tell me how much is held in the reserve tank and how far is it good for .

Somewhere I think I heard that the ST could do 500 k on a tank full (with a tail wind ) how close is this to true ?   :blk13

Biggles:
It will actually do 550 with nil wind.
The reserve light comes on when you have enough fuel for 95 km at 100 kph.  It's about 5 litres.  The odd things is, I nearly always see 4 litres remaining after 25 km with the low level light flashing. 
I work on one litre unusable, but I believe it is less than that.
Having said all that, the computer is not very consistent.

saaz:
There is no computer on the ST1100 Biggles (well the ecu is a bit like one)

There is no reserve tank on the ST1100, but if the fuel light works that comes on with 4 litres or so left (mine has never worked so I don't know).  You might get 500kms on a great day, but it varies among bikes.  I try and notice what distance I have done at the various fuel gauge marks and work out if it is a normal, better or worse than average fuel range.

Biggles:
While there is no "reserve tank", I believe the light comes on when the top tank of an ST1300 is empty and only the lower tank has fuel remaining.

sargent:
My trustee STeed got 490 klms on the way home from the Grey Gum Cafe Ride......

Filled up at Windsor, rode to Ye Old Cafe and back to Canberra via the Cement Path....

Sat on 1:20 wherever possible and still had fuel left, no lights came on so im gunna say that dont work either.

Maybe the White models just get better fuel economy.... :nahnah

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version