Honda ST1300 Section > Oils, Oil Filters & Servicing ST1300

Any Thoughts on the "Good Oil"

<< < (2/12) > >>

Maxnettoz:
Ahhh.  It was in the 1100 section.   :||||

Brock:
There used to be one oils etc section, but some one decided to segregate the bikes

:well :well :well

Wild Rose:
I have used Penrite HPR10 gas for quite a few years in my previous 02 ST1300
but since i had talk to the service manager I have decided to run Honda Oil in my new ST1300
While it is covered by warrenty. Then when it is out of warrenty switch back to Penrite HPR Gas
Penrite oil are excellent and also use them in my cars

Maxnettoz:
I picked up my trusty steed from the dealer today and after hours of interesting reading I have tried Penrite 15w - 50 Diesel.  Feels good so far.  Only done 20k's on it this evening.  What a pain in the friggin posterior is the oil filter to get off.  The last bloke over-tightened it to be-geezus :well.  The Super-cheap filter remover barely got in the space and was pretty useless without a screwdriver in the right place levering it loose.  Anyway another twenty minute job takes an hour.  Using a RYCO Z436 filter.  I was very satisfied with the HPR 10 Gas in my R1150RT Beemer.  I love this ST.  My eleven year old daughter gives it a double thumbs up as well. :thumbs  I have some Valvoline 90 grade diff oil.  The manual recommends 80.  Could I use the 90 without creating problems?

:slvr13

Biggles:
A PM to Member "rocketeer" would be a good idea.  He was our oil guru for a fair while.  He hasn't been in here since June, but was always ready with good answers.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version