Honda ST1100 Section > Brakes & Clutch ST1100

Brake Disc Advice.

<< < (4/4)

Brock:
I have been using the sintered for years, as they last longer. They will give better braking performance, and will work better in high traffic situations.

I dont use OEM, as they cost more for less performance.

ruSTynutz:
From my understanding sintered brake pads are better in the wet than organics.

Apparently they are also more suited for big fat blokes like me...  :thumb

With the ST weighing around the 300kg mark, my big lump of a body plus the wife on the back, who is no lightweight either (just don't tell her I said that, lol)
I figure that's a bloody lot of weight to be hauling up so I'd rather suffer a bit of extra wear on the discs if it enables us to pull up in the shortest distance possible in an emergency... :thumbs

Mak12:
Just for the whole picture to complete: today I took off brake pads, both, front and rear to compare them with each other: so they are exactly same on my ST1100 police 2000y, as far as i can see. But OEM part numbers are different: OEM front 45105-ML7-405, OEM rear 43108-MT3-006 which is remarkable because front pads are cheaper and easier to get rather the rear one. Does it sound anyhow correct? 

Brock:
The rear pads are thicker than the front, the front pads will fit the rear but not vice versa.

have a search here in Metal Gear for your bike, they make great pads and discs.

http://metalgear.com.au/view_model_details.php?model_id=4255

Mak12:
I see. Thanks Brock. I'm waiting for my pads  to be delivered already, but the rotor is worn out as well, thanks for an advice.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version