Honda ST1100 Section > Tyres...to suit your ST1100

What brand tyres are you running now"

<< < (2/49) > >>

innet57:
I ran two sets of Battle Axes in succession and had no complaints - around 10,000k both times and possibly could have done more, but changed so I had a new set for long distance rides each time. Currently running Pirrelli  Angels - very impressed - first ride was 3 days, (2000k) in pouring rain on the way to last year's GP. Now have 8000k on them and looking good for 12,000k. Distance wore the front tyre into a V with the Bridgestones, haven't got that indication with the Pirelli's yet. I think they will be my choice again next time - confidence in a tyre is half the solution.

sonicpelican:
The bike came with the BT020s which I thought performed quite well.  I got around 12,000 Kms before replacing front and rear.  A lot of that was two up riding.

Next was a set of Avon Storms.  Seemed to be going great guns when at around 6,000 Kms the rear delaminated and let go.  I thought I must have sliced it on something on the road so just replaced it with a Dunlop RoadSmart as the Storms weren't available at the shop.  Interestingly, on a ride a few months later, another ST had the same thing happen to a rear Avon Storm with around the same mileage, food for thought.  Anyway, at this stage I was running the Avon Storm on the front and the Dunlop RoadSmart on the rear.

Less that 4,000 Kms later the Dunlop RoadSmart was gone.  It just kept balling up lumps of rubber and disappearing.  I suspect that as I do a lot of two up riding they couldn't take the weight and overheated.  At around the same time it was noticed the Avon Storm on the front was developing lateral cracks.

On went the Michelin Pilot Road 2s, front and rear, just before the tour of Tassie.  These are still going strong after about 6,000 Kms with more than 50% left.  Most notably they performed really well in Tassie in the West where a lot of the windy roads don't get sunlight during the day so the road doesn't dry out in patches.  Over these roads other bikes had trouble keeping up even though I was two up.  I'm not a fast rider, they just instill confidence.  Really like these tyres.

Cheers

Brock:
I am running Metzler Z6 interacts, I would like to get PR2s, but want the correct size so the speedo is correct. They wear well and handle ok for my riding.

saaz:
PR2s are available in the right front size for the front (the 110/80 ones) but it seems in Australia they are rare.  The Z6s were hard to come by in the right front size as well last time I asked.  The Z6s are a great tyre in all conditions, they just have average tyre life for me.

Brock:
I knew it was something like that, and as I dont want mismatched tyres I will stick with the Z6s I get about 21K out of the front, and 16 from the rear so its not too bad. As for availability, The local STealer does the Cop bikes, so they have a supply

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version