Honda ST1300 Section > Brakes & Clutch ST1300

Front and Rear Brakes Question

<< < (2/3) > >>

winston66:
From memory on my 2003 1300 there is some differences between the front and rear.
I think that the rear should have a extra slit in the backing plate which works as a key way when fitting. I think that I had to modify the last set that I purchased off the E Bay, Supposed to fit but would not , So used the trusty angle grinder to cut out the little key way slot as required . I suggest when you pull the pads do a comparison check between the front and rear of the old  sets of pads.
 The memory also tells me that something was too thick to fit in also , so I only replaced one side and then reused one of the least worn old pads for the other side , also I left out the stainless backing pad in order to get the extra clearance required.
I do not do a big mileage and I have a brake pad inspection down on the must do maintenance list which is due in a couple of months , just in order to keep an eye on things.
Hope that this helps,
Chers, Winston66

alans1100:
I found the OEM Honda pads for my 1100A had the backing plate which my current set of ceramic aftermarket ones didn't have but the pads would not go in using the old plate so I left them off.

Draco (Heartbreak Kid):
 :blu13 I just replaced the rear pads on my ST1300 (shineys old one) and noticed the new pads from metalgear are a LOT thinner, leaving my pistons sticking way out????  :blu13left :eek

tding:
just looked the parts up.
front pads left 06455-MCS-G02       $117.60
              right 06455-MCS-G02       $117.60
      rear pads  06435-MCS-G02       $125.28

http://www.peterhillhonda.com.au/

:blu13

cravenhaven:
And from DavidSilver spares in the uk
06455-MCS-G02 - 27.50 ~ $55
06435-MCS-G02 - 27.50 ~ $55

+ freight of course but still much cheaper than buying here.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version