Author Topic: Re: Service done by Toowoomba Honda  (Read 9875 times)

Offline Streak

• NR2016 Group
  • Supreme "2000" Club Member
  • Stampy Glitterballs
    • Australian ST Owners Club
Re: Service done by Toowoomba Honda
« on: September 20, 2011, 08:42:36 PM »
I thought i would would share the service i had done by Toowoomba Honda when i bought the ST1100.

After Pick up in brisbane from Tipsy's place, i rode it home and it felt like it had been neglected for quite sometime, so i booked it into Toowoomba Honda, and i asked them to start and the front wheel and come out the back, tighten every nut and bolt, check every clip, change every oil in sight, and generally reset it to factory for me, the only thing i didnt do was the valve clearences, I will get it done at my next service.

after this service was done i came to pick it up, and the service manager pulled me aside and asked me if i had owned this bike a while, and i said "no i just bought it" to which he said good as i was going to give you a lecture on how you should be looking after your bike.

he asked how much i paid i said" $5,000" he said "well when it came in it was not so good, but we are giving you back a good bike!"

I was expecting to pay more!

Streak (Graham)
Storm Trooper
streak@ozstoc.com
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/OzSTOC
2010 White DL650 Strom
FarRider #667
IBA #59145
Aussie Hard Arse #63

Offline Greencan

• Legendary Member
  • ST Legend
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2011, 08:20:22 PM »
Evenin' Streak...

We have met and had a brief chat, though I would not expect you to have remembered it...A Barry's wedding ::)

Anyway, I will almost certainly be up in your part of the planet again in the new year...and if your interested I'd be happy to show you that $600 can go a veeerryyy long way on a ST1100 if you were happy to do the work yourself...it's not as difficult as it seems. If however, you're quite comfortable with outsourcing the maintenance (and many are :thumbs), stick with it.

Maybe catch up with you in 2012?

Ciao, the can :)

Offline Streak

• NR2016 Group
  • Supreme "2000" Club Member
  • Stampy Glitterballs
    • Australian ST Owners Club
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2011, 10:25:56 PM »
Sounds like an excellent plan to me! And I am always keen to learn more about my bike
Streak (Graham)
Storm Trooper
streak@ozstoc.com
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/OzSTOC
2010 White DL650 Strom
FarRider #667
IBA #59145
Aussie Hard Arse #63