Author Topic: Looks like I don't have to take any time of to go to Lightning Ride FarRide...  (Read 2705 times)

Offline saaz

• Supreme "2000" Club Member
  • Canberra ACT
..cos I won't be at work   :runyay   :beer

Work is offering me to go away more that a year earlier than I was planning, and pay me reasonably well for doing the right thing   :thumbsup  After recent times at work  :|||| the decison is reasonably easy   :think1   :CB-- or  :wht11

I would start a poll, but no need to  8)

Early May would be a great time to go if they agree, but 1 June is the latest.

John
(Ridden on and forever in our hearts)
1996 Honda ST1100P
2014 Triumph Trophy SE
Ozstoc, STOC #7239, Farrider #461 Ulysses #061681, IBA #59143 and some others

rendog

I don't think you've thought this through properly saaz  |-i

Offline Dan

• QLD
Sounds like a great deal!

Online Sicman

• RTE Coordinator
  • Was here when the lights got turned on :-)
..cos I won't be at work   :runyay   :beer

Work is offering me to go away more that a year earlier than I was planning, and pay me reasonably well for doing the right thing   :thumbsup  After recent times at work  :|||| the decison is reasonably easy   :think1   :CB-- or  :wht11

I would start a poll, but no need to  8)

Early May would be a great time to go if they agree, but 1 June is the latest.

Very nice - The Mrs and I took redundancy at 39 and went out and started new careers. I hope you enjoy your life change :)
Cheers
Tony
FarRider 802
NatRally's - 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 202🤬, 2🤬21, 2021/22 Black Dog bit me, 2023
Experience trumps assumption :-)

Online Diesel

• Administrator
  • QUEEEENSLANDER!!!!
    • The Review Guys
Good - OzSTOC may have a high paying position coming up for a bright young spark like yourself Mr Nagle. (Since you will have more time than activities shortly).

Trouble is, you have to get a character reference from Brock to be considered as a candidate.        :rofl               :nahnah             :butt
FarRider #416   IBA #55491  
OzSTOC Life Member
:candystwheelie       www.dieselst1300.blogspot.com.au

Offline saaz

• Canberra ACT
Good - OzSTOC may have a high paying position coming up for a bright young spark like yourself Mr Nagle. (Since you will have more time than activities shortly).

Trouble is, you have to get a character reference from Brock to be considered as a candidate.        :rofl               :nahnah             :butt

Sounds like a job I don't really need, but as he is overseas somewhere (he was a bit secretive about where)   :butt :nahnah :runyay
John
1996 Honda ST1100P
2014 Triumph Trophy SE

Offline Whizz

• Legendary "1000 Club" Member
  • Paul. Ipswich, QLD.
    • Instrumented Control Solutions Pty Ltd
Sounds like they beat you to the punch by a bit.

About 15 years ago I worked for a company in Adelaide who were going through some tough financial times, so me and her-in-doors decided that we would go back to the Middle East and make some real money for a couple of years. We both went through interview processes for jobs in different industries, mine in Aviation, hers in Nursing, and both got offered jobs in the same city for different companies to start 4 weeks hence. So I decided that on the Friday morning I was going to go see my boss and quit. So come the day I go and knock on his door, and he says come in and that he has something he needs to talk to me about, and before I can tell him I am handing in my resignation, he tells me that the Company has decided that they are going to be forced to make me redundant. I burst out laughing, which really confused him 'cause he'd never seen that response to a redundancy meeting before. Any, long story short, had he waited another minute or so it would have saved him a whole bunch of money, but I was pleased because it all went nicely into our bank account!

Cheers
Whizz
 :13Candy
Cheers,
Paul
In theory there is no difference between theory and practice; in practice there is!!
Red, 2004, ST 1300A

Offline saaz

• Canberra ACT
I was going to go early next July anyway, but if I get paid to stay at home/do other things for more than a year (with a bit extra on top) then who am I to argue. We will be losing 20% of staff in the next 2 years, so I don't want to be one of the ones left with all the work.
John
1996 Honda ST1100P
2014 Triumph Trophy SE

Online Sicman

• RTE Coordinator
  • Was here when the lights got turned on :-)
Sounds like they beat you to the punch by a bit.

About 15 years ago I worked for a company in Adelaide who were going through some tough financial times, so me and her-in-doors decided that we would go back to the Middle East and make some real money for a couple of years. We both went through interview processes for jobs in different industries, mine in Aviation, hers in Nursing, and both got offered jobs in the same city for different companies to start 4 weeks hence. So I decided that on the Friday morning I was going to go see my boss and quit. So come the day I go and knock on his door, and he says come in and that he has something he needs to talk to me about, and before I can tell him I am handing in my resignation, he tells me that the Company has decided that they are going to be forced to make me redundant. I burst out laughing, which really confused him 'cause he'd never seen that response to a redundancy meeting before. Any, long story short, had he waited another minute or so it would have saved him a whole bunch of money, but I was pleased because it all went nicely into our bank account!

Cheers
Whizz
Nicely done  :hatwave
Cheers
Tony
FarRider 802
NatRally's - 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 202🤬, 2🤬21, 2021/22 Black Dog bit me, 2023
Experience trumps assumption :-)

Offline saaz

• Canberra ACT
You have to make the best out of adversity  :beer :runyay
John
1996 Honda ST1100P
2014 Triumph Trophy SE