Author Topic: Today's ride  (Read 1595 times)

Offline Ace

Today's ride
« on: July 12, 2017, 08:53:03 PM »
Hi ho all...today was the third ride on my st1100...and the Victorian weather has been pretty kind this week...cold mornings but lovely days. I wanted to try out some flat twisty roads so we headed for a small town called Willow Grove...next to Blue Rock Dam...
The bike was amazing...runs like a swiss watch...just need to sort out a better screen. 
I guess I am preaching to the converted but I find the bike corners really well and it's the first bike I have owned that fits the expression about "running on rails".
I also ordered a vfr750 clutch lever as per Brock's suggestion.
Looking at getting a ram mount that goes on/replaces the brake or clutch master cylinder cover for my phone.
Need to get a spare set of keys cut too.  :bl11
Chris
2001 Blue St1100 with all the fruit
VJMC member

The following users thanked this post: Jdbiker

Online Williamson

• UNBELIEVABLE "5000 Posts" Member
  • ST Legend
Re: Today's ride
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2017, 09:13:21 PM »
Hi ho all...today was the third ride on my st1100...and the Victorian weather has been pretty kind this week...cold mornings but lovely days. I wanted to try out some flat twisty roads so we headed for a small town called Willow Grove...next to Blue Rock Dam...
The bike was amazing...runs like a swiss watch...just need to sort out a better screen. 
I guess I am preaching to the converted but I find the bike corners really well and it's the first bike I have owned that fits the expression about "running on rails".
I also ordered a vfr750 clutch lever as per Brock's suggestion.
Looking at getting a ram mount that goes on/replaces the brake or clutch master cylinder cover for my phone.
Need to get a spare set of keys cut too.  :bl11
Chris

Good to hear.

Just as well I didn't use this pic in my "Where's this?" post.

Cheers,  Williamson (AKA Michael)

Motorcycling, the best time you can have with your pants on.
eBiking, the second best time you can have with your pants on
Afterlife, up there for the climate, down there for the company.
If I'd known I was gunna live this long, I woulda looked after myself better

Bodø Glimt

« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2017, 05:14:07 AM »
There was a sale on the other one.  :grin

Offline Ace

« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2017, 04:46:28 PM »
Today was the first time for my wife and I to try out the st1100 together....she found it really comfortable and it will improve even more with a different screen in the future. The vfr750 clutch lever was great....I also didn't feel much difference with a pillion as th3 bike handled wonderfully.
The only issue we are having is trying not to scratch or mark the panniers when we dismount.
Chris and Sue
2001 Blue St1100 with all the fruit
VJMC member

The following users thanked this post: Jdbiker

Offline STeveo

• Legendary "1000 Club" Member
  • ST Legend
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2017, 05:12:26 PM »

The only issue we are having is trying not to scratch or mark the panniers when we dismount.

Good luck with that. Try some clear contact plastic coating.