Author Topic: Cure for a migrane  (Read 1646 times)

Offline Sim

• A ride you say? LeST go!
Cure for a migrane
« on: April 06, 2012, 04:16:44 PM »
Okay - i will set the scene first; I've have had the week off work with the flu, coughing, sneezing, headache, nose like a tap - you get teh picture,  :'(  :( so you can imagine what a whole week off the bike would do to yer sanity?!  :eek ... well today I was feeling a little better (day 5) but *needed* to get some wind in my hair (proverbially)! (i know the helmet prevents this and there is a 'lack' of aforementioned). I was *really* still sick - but over the worst of it. I thought a quick 1/2 hr burn can't hurt - so i took the cover off the STeed and headed to the hills....

I am on the bike, maybe for 1/2 hour, and realise my (flu) symptoms have been vanquiched, vanished, vamoosed, ( :runyay) my headache was gone, my nose had stopped running, i was feeling *homo-sapien* again, ????!!!! i have discovered something! It was bliss! So naturally i kept going - the ride ended up being 2hrs instead. I have discovered a cure for migranes! (So to verify this - next time you have a headache, or the missus says *not tonight dear - i have a headache* - see if you can get out on the ST for half an hour - it worked for me!   :thumb
Sim  :blu13left
CBR1100XX
ST1300A '05 (sold)

Offline Biggles

• NatRally 2018 - Mackay
  • "Top Dog" 10000 club
  • Bridgeman Downs, Brisbane
Re: Cure for a migrane
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2012, 09:43:51 PM »
or the missus says *not tonight dear - i have a headache* - see if you can get out on the ST for half an hour - it worked for me!   :thumb
Sim  :blu13left

Wouldn't you then send her out on a bike?  Seems like the right fix to me.  Might have to buy her a bike, but it would be worth it  :)
For the modern man who lives in the city, riding a bike might be one of the only ways to escape the humdrum monotony. To take off and ride. To be both at one with nature and one with the bike. To feel masculine. Adam Piggott

OzSTOC #16  STOC #6135  FarR #509  IBA #54927

Offline Tipsy

• Landed Gentry
  • Legendary "1000 Club" Member
  • Laurie
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2012, 09:47:50 PM »
 :wht11 py

Not tonight dear I have a headache towit I would reply "Not really interested in your head dear"

eventually the excuse just disappeared  :p :thumbsup

Aaahh But that was then at least there are memories ...............I think.

Tipsy
I am lost and haves gone to find myself
Now If I get back before I return
Please ask me to wait.

Offline JuST Peter

• Supreme "2000" Club Member
  • Quakers Hill NSW
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2012, 11:47:25 AM »
:wht11 py

Not tonight dear I have a headache towit I would reply "Not really interested in your head dear"

eventually the excuse just disappeared  :p :thumbsup

Aaahh But that was then at least there are memories ...............I think.

Tipsy

After that, I reckon memories would be all you'd have. SWMBO'd make sure of that!  :rofl :rofl
Ulysses #41044; OzSTOC #14
I love what I ride and ride what I love