Author Topic: Keeping the black stuff nice and shiney  (Read 1148 times)

Offline Dick B "Yewie"

• Sydney NSW
  • Switched to a 2015 Yamaha Tracer
Keeping the black stuff nice and shiney
« on: April 16, 2012, 01:42:16 PM »
A couple of people asked me at Blackheath what I use to keep all the black plastic looking new. I could not remember the details at the time (seniors moment) but I used Meguiar's Gold Class Trim Detailer obtained from AutoBarn. It is a wipe on, buff off cream that was very easy to apply and worked a treat. I have only used it once so I will be interested to see how long it lasts before another application is required. I don't remember how much it cost (another seniors moment  :() 
"Yewie"

Offline Poppy Dave

• Teller of Untellable Jokes
  • Legendary "1000 Club" Member
  • Midland, WA
    • Dave Roper
Re: Keeping the black stuff nice and shiney
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2012, 11:18:57 PM »
Another good one is Mother's Naturally Black. Costs about $18 from Repco. Fantastic. Someone posted a picture of 2 x panniers, only one had been done for comparison, on the forum a couple of months ago.

I also use Bar Keeper's Friend to keep the mufflers their original colour. About $13 from Kitchen Warehouse. I've only done them the once and that was after the bike had done about 16,000 k's and the mufflers were really golden coloured. Bike's now done 29,000 and they are still silver.

And I've just tried some ArmorAll Extreme Tyre Shine on the MCL Tip Over Bars. Squirt on, leave for about 10 minutes and wipe off. Brilliant. They gleam like gloss paint. Sorry can't remember the price.

HIGHLY RECOMMEND THEM ALL.

Dave R                                                                   :wht13
Dave R
Honda ST1100A
Suzuki Boulevard C50
STOC # 8241
SAC-PAV A/501

We know why dogs stick their heads out of car windows.