Author Topic: 2020-10-22 Finished Business  (Read 1357 times)

Bodø

2020-10-22 Finished Business
« on: October 23, 2020, 04:31:34 AM »
Actually the title is a bit misleading because whilst I returned home content yesterday there are many things I couldn't/didn't see.  They had been closed due to safety concerns after the devastating bushfires earlier in the year.  Kelly Hill caves was one of them.

A sign on the road said there was a lighthouse down here on Vivonne Bay but I couldn't find one so here's a picture of the jetty instead.

Here's a view of Vivonne Bay from the other side of the Harriet River.  Said river isn't pictured on google maps.

I saw lots of kangaroos but these two were the only ones who stood still long enough for me to get a photo.  This was at the entrance to Seal Bay.  It too was closed.  Nothing to do with bushfires, just me being here an hour before opening.

This house in Cygnet River had all sorts of things on display out the front including a few witty signs.

I took twenty photos alone here.  Given how much stuff there was here it makes this sign seem a little hypocritical.

Who doesn't love a pepper steak pie for breakfast?  I bought this when refuelling at Kingscote. #reluctantfoodie

I was booked on the 1330 ferry but as I was on the outskirts of Penneshaw at 1020 made a dash for the port and 1030 ferry and asked if they squeeze in a bike that was booked on a later service.  They could and I pretty much rode straight on.  Rain had been forecast and I wanted to get to the other side before the weather set in.  That said, this service rocked a little too much for my liking.

This advertisement was on the ferry back and bar one hotel yes I loved it.  Lots of things are still closed to the public so I do have reasons to go back one day.  Possible overnight RTE venue one day perhaps.  I wanted to buy a number plate over there but forgot to.

I arrived home at the time I was supposed to be boarding the ferry and lot happier than I was last week.

The following users thanked this post: Shiney, Wild Rose, Jdbiker, CallMeSteve, ruSTynutz

Offline richo

• Richo
  • Legendary Member
  • ST 2009
Re: 2020-10-22 Finished Business
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2020, 05:09:15 AM »
Good reading.  I am surprised some sections are still closed from the fires.  Must have had a lot of infrastrucure damage, what a year 2020 has been
Richo

Online Wild Rose

• UNBELIEVABLE "5000 Posts" Member
  • Toowoomba, Qld
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2020, 05:40:29 AM »
Very interesting Bodo
Thanks for sharing  :hatwave
Leo (Wild Rose)
Honda ST 1300
:rd13       :blk13                            :Spyder
 2002                            New 29-04-13 

Ulysses #49154
FarRider #243

Online Williamson

• ST Legend
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2020, 09:58:02 AM »
Thanks for sharing BG.

... lot happier than I was last week.

What a difference a day makes, and in this case seven.
Cheers,  Williamson (AKA Michael)

Motorcycling, the best time you can have with your pants on.
eBiking, the second best time you can have with your pants on
Afterlife, up there for the climate, down there for the company.
If I'd known I was gunna live this long, I woulda looked after myself better

Bodø

« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2020, 10:07:57 AM »
Ten actually.

Offline Shiney

• Dave
  • Global Moderator
  • RTE Coordinator - Strathpine, QLD
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2020, 04:17:11 PM »
Great to read the positive outcome this time around :thumbsup
I look forward to reading about your next return to the island sometime in the future :grin

As always mate thanks for sharing :hatwave

Cheers
Shiney
My Ride: 2023 ST1800   :thumb
OzSTOC #104   STOC# 8512   IBA # 59142
Find me in The Who's Who of OzSTOC!

I like shiney things :grin
One of the Dave, Dave, Dave and Duncan crew 8)

Bodø

« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2020, 05:25:17 PM »
I look forward to reading about your next return to the island sometime in the future :grin

There were two parts to this.  This was day two.  Day one was titled Unfinished Business.  I hope to go back one day, possibly 2022.  That'll give them time to seal the road to Cape Borda.

Offline Shiney

• Dave
  • Global Moderator
  • RTE Coordinator - Strathpine, QLD
« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2020, 07:06:02 PM »

There were two parts to this.  This was day two.  Day one was titled Unfinished Business.  I hope to go back one day, possibly 2022.  That'll give them time to seal the road to Cape Borda.

Hi mate,
I did read both parts and was saying that it was good to read the positive outcome this time around :grin
And based on your comment "Lots of things are still closed to the public so I do have reasons to go back one day." I was saying that I look forward to reading about your next return to the island sometime in the future ;-*

Cheers
Shiney
My Ride: 2023 ST1800   :thumb
OzSTOC #104   STOC# 8512   IBA # 59142
Find me in The Who's Who of OzSTOC!

I like shiney things :grin
One of the Dave, Dave, Dave and Duncan crew 8)