Honda ST1100 Section > Electrics & Electronics - Volts, Amps and Fuses ST1100

Installing Xenon H4 Bulbs (not HID) Honda ST1100

(1/20) > >>

Streak:
Well today I embarked on installing Xenon H4 Bulbs into My ST1100, i have read much about it, had lots of advice, and i still found myself swearing and lost, but hey that's the fun of doing work yourself!

I have had advice on going in from the top or bottom, both ways sound quiet simple, i tried from the bottom, but i struggled to get the Plugs out, so i then went in from the top, which involves you having to remove the Screen, the outer Plastic below the screen, and the plastic underneath that.

I was still having trouble getting them out, so much googling, and phone calls to Saaz & Alans1100, and it was simply i was not being rough enough to get it out, you have to just work it side to side till the plug comes out.

with the rubber covers you need to just get a decent grip on them and they pop off

I getting the bulbs out is really simple, a great peice of advice from Saaz is a mirror and a torch, so you can see for yourself what you are dealing with, but simply, push in the wire as shown below and click out it comes, both sides are the same.

I pulled out the Xenon lights, and trimmed the tabs off, and slotted the aftermarket sleeves over the top, i found that trying to pop them in on the bulbs was a touch tricky, so i just put a dab of sticky stuff on them and slotted them straight in to the slots in the headlight itself, clicked the wire back over the top, quick test before i put the boots and the overs back on, and we are good to go!

my photo's didn't turn out very well so i have robbed these couple of diagram that i found on the net

as for the differnce i took a couple of before and after shots so you can judge for yourself, but i am pleased with how it came out, and the change from the yellow to the white:

BEFORE

AFTER

walton:
Good job. I've got a set of xenon globes in the shed that I've been meaning to drop in. Although, I think 90/100 might be a bit much. I bit of eBaying will fix that. I'm just wondering where exactly you get the adaptor rings from. A quick google (although I don't know what I'm looking for) proves they're made of unobtanium.

scarp:
Well done where did you get the shims?

scarp:
I've seen them in a few places usually around $12.95 a pair but they want $40 to post them
http://www.electricalconnection.com/non-electrical/h4_shim.htm
& here:
http://www.casporttouring.com/store/merchant.mvc?

scarp:
I just ordered a pair from California Sport Touring cost A$ 12.75  :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version