Author Topic: 2020-12-05 Port Victoria Ride To Eat  (Read 864 times)

Bodų Glimt

2020-12-05 Port Victoria Ride To Eat
« on: December 05, 2020, 06:02:40 PM »
With some not so ST friendly weather today only three of us made it to Port Victoria - Shillas, Stinky Pete and myself.

Just three of us today.

My ride saw me depart later than usual and it was a steamy 32°C when I departed.  It dropped a whole 10°C when I rode the Northern Connector and a bit of drizzle started just as I passed the Two Wells point to point camera so I pulled into Lower Light to put rain gear on.

In Port Wakefield I got a photo of the Wallaroo Ferry sign for Langers.  I didn't actually go as far as Wallaroo, turning off the Copper Coast Highway at Thrington.

I don't recall seeing this sculpture in Artherton on previous trips.

Churches seemed to be the order of the day.  This one at South Kilkerran was the fourth one I photographed today.

I knew Aboriginal areas were closed off as a Covid 19 restrictions earlier in the year but researched it online last night.  The SA site said the APY lands and Yalata were open but there were no mention of other lands.  I was interested in going back to Point Pearce for the first time since 2015.  This sign was on the entrance so I turned around and went back.

There was no such sign on the Port Victoria entrance but with the wind we have had lately it could quite have easily just blown off.  Likewise the one I saw could have just been forgotten to be taken down but it wasn't worth the risk.

With time to kill I road to Curramulka to get a photo of something before heading to Minlaton to refuel.  Minlaton is an always refuel point going to and coming from Southern Yorke Peninsula.  Just across the road from the servo is the Harry Butler Memorial containing this plane.

From there I returned to Port Victoria for lunch and manually checked in upon entering the premises.  I think the last time I did that was at the 2017 Balranald RTE at the RSL club.  After lunch I road home hoping to beat the rain.  I failed.

The following users thanked this post: Wild Rose, Jdbiker, ruSTynutz

Offline richo

• Richo
  • Legendary Member
  • ST 2009
Re: 2020-12-05 Port Victoria Ride To Eat
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2020, 06:17:02 PM »
 ++. A good read as usual Bodo.   Sorry I missed the ride
Richo

Offline Wild Rose

• UNBELIEVABLE "5000 Posts" Member
  • Toowoomba, Qld