Author Topic: No lockdown, short cruise.  (Read 748 times)

Online Kev Murphy

• "Top Dog" 10000 club
  • 98 ST1100 Portland, SW Vic coastal.
No lockdown, short cruise.
« on: February 18, 2021, 02:55:35 PM »
Decided yesterday that it's time to visit a friend who lives at Sandford, just short of Casterton.
We complain about lockdown, but my friend has been stuck in his home on his property about 2 Km from town for the past two and a half years. He is permanently on oxygen, and can only live for about 5 minutes without it. He has daily visits from medical staff and family, who live nearby.
David is 84 years old, and looks fwd to my visits, as and when I can get there.

Loaded a couple of USB sticks with movies for him last night, and hit the road at around 8am this morning. Arrived shortly after 9am.

Great weather today, was 22 in Portland when I left.
Reached 36 at Sandford while I was there, and was 31 when I arrived home again just before 2pm. Very little traffic on the road but it's not a major hwy. No wildlife on the road today, probably too hot.

Only an hours ride each way, but great to catch up with David again.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2021, 02:58:49 PM by Kev Murphy »
0428 306 496

kjmurphy2@bigpond.com

The following users thanked this post: Jdbiker, ruSTynutz

Online ruSTynutz

• NR2024 Rally Team
  • Supreme "2000" Club Member
    • "Destined to Drive" Driving School
Re: No lockdown, short cruise.
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2021, 03:15:08 PM »
Good onya, Kev!  :thumbs

I was on the road just after 8am this morning...and what a glorious morning it was for a ride!
I had made an appointment to donate plasma at Traralgon after seeing the weather forecast yesterday.
After donating, I rode home via Yinnar & Boolarra, just for something different.

Grabbed some shopping in Leongatha which was a bad move as once I got off the bike I started to sweat like a stuck pig...lol.
I probably should've taken my jacket off!

Arrived home saturated...Somehow between getting up this morning and arriving home, I lost over a kilo in weight!
I must do that more often... :rofl

2005 Honda ST1300A

The following users thanked this post: Kev Murphy, Jdbiker