Author Topic: 2021-02-21 Ulysses Ride To Eat  (Read 1157 times)

2021-02-21 Ulysses Ride To Eat
« on: February 21, 2021, 04:50:24 PM »
Last thursday a coworker from my old workplace sent me a message saying "Going for a ride with Ulysses leaving the Alma 10am to Balhanna bakery bout 11am interested??" so I thought okay.  Group rides aren't really my thing but it wasn't that great a distance so I went.

We'd arranged to meet at the Aldinga OTR and I parked at the same spot I ran into Chris J before the Sellicks Hill RTE.

We then made our way to the starting point at the Alma Hotel in Willunga.

I was talking to someone else about groups we were members of and mentioned I was with the ST owners club.  His response was "what's an ST?" and just as he said it I heard that distinct sound, turned around and said "that".  It was this blue 1100.  So I had a chat to them too.  They've had it six months and named it Tilly.  They hadn't heard of Ozstoc so I gave them a card.

Here he is again behind me when we stopped to regroup in Meadows.  I never thought to mention I was wearing an Ozstoc National Rally shirt underneath that jacket.  Who wants to guess what year?

We stopped in Balhannah for coffee/morning tea.  I thought this would be our destination at the start of play, but at the pre-ride talk I heard we were going here for morning tea and then Mannum for lunch, not just Mannum, but the Pretoria Hotel in Mannum, venue for yesterday's RTE.

I didn't expect to be having lunch in the same venue on two consecutive days.  This time we were in a room.

This is the course we took to get there.  No dirt roads for me today.

I did mention my disappointment with the new Spotwalla and Bubbler yesterday.  Today's experience wasn't any better.  I opened it at Aldinga to find it had no points recorded to display.  It should have.

So I logged into the old Spotwalla to create a trip for today.  I got a prompt saying "why are you logging in here?  Almost everyone has moved to the new Spotwalla", but I could close it and create a trip and opened the old Bubbler as well.  Not only did it record stuff after that, it shows points going to Aldinga before that.  That said, I still think it's missed points coming home which the new Spotwalla got.  Go figure.

« Last Edit: February 21, 2021, 05:39:38 PM by Bodø »

The following users thanked this post: Shiney, Wild Rose, Lionel, Kev Murphy, ruSTynutz

Offline Langers

• Legendary Member
  • 2008 ST 1300 (sold) 2018 V-Strom 1000
Re: 2021-02-21 Ulysses Ride To Eat
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2021, 09:13:21 PM »
Great report, thanks Bodo. I really do like the Ozstoc RTE model where we all gather at a destination and if we want to ride with others to get there we can if we organise it, otherwise we make our own tracks.
FarRider #726
Mobile: 0418 817 851

The following users thanked this post: ruSTynutz

Online Brock

• Tardis Tech
  • UNBELIEVABLE "5000 Posts" Member
  • White is the fastest
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2021, 09:20:47 PM »
The RTE model works great in WA, as we all come from different directions and distances.. Those that live in the same area can meet up and ride together if that works at the time..
Brock
Asian Correspondent
2003 Honda ST1100PY

Ulysses #32829
STOC #8239
OzSToc # ??
Kinross WA

Bodø

« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2021, 03:25:18 AM »
Great report, thanks Bodo. I really do like the Ozstoc RTE model where we all gather at a destination and if we want to ride with others to get there we can if we organise it, otherwise we make our own tracks.

Couldn't agree with you anymore.

Offline Shiney

• Dave
  • Global Moderator
  • UNBELIEVABLE "5000 Posts" Member
  • RTE Coordinator - Strathpine, QLD
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2021, 12:27:43 PM »
I'm another one that's very happy with the way we do the RTE's as opposed to always doing group rides :thumb

Thanks for sharing mate :hatwave
My Ride: 2023 ST1800   :thumb
OzSTOC #104   STOC# 8512   IBA # 59142
Find me in The Who's Who of OzSTOC!

I like shiney things :grin
One of the Dave, Dave, Dave and Duncan crew 8)

The following users thanked this post: Langers