Author Topic: 2021-03-20 Blueskysea DV-988 Testing  (Read 739 times)

2021-03-20 Blueskysea DV-988 Testing
« on: April 02, 2021, 03:50:30 PM »
Two weeks ago I purchased a Yamaha Xmax, primarily for shopping but will also do the commute when the kwaka is in for a service.

I don't expect to do many trips on it worthy of a ride report but did recreate a short trip I did in 2018 to test its new dashcam.

I think the picture quality is better than my DV-188 on the Versys.  Some of that may come down to there being less vibration on this bike.  The blue time stamp I am not a fan of.  The ugly dots under the date and time are more readable on a big computer screen.  I can quite clearly see the º ' and " (degrees, minutes and seconds) in there so this obviously corresponds to GPS coordinates, but as I don't have that device the numbers area is just dots.  I have since turned the GPS off and those dots have disappeared.  I passed this bus in Eastwood and would later see it in Mount Lofty.

I've often wondered what this sculpture in Glen Osmond was supposed to be.  JB and his wife both told me they have a steel interior that goes deep into the ground and into concrete blocks to protect the service station.  Given some of the accidents involving trucks on this intersection in recent years it does make sense.

I quite like the Eagle On The Hill road but it is quite popular with cyclists too.  Even the buses use this road when temperatures are hot or there is drama with the Heysen tunnels.

Not a bad view from here, but my camera doesn't do it justice.

Now for my seniors moment.  I was sure there was motorcycle parking at Mount Lofty Summit as I had seen and used it before.  Do you think I could find it?  No.  I gave up and parked in normal bays.  I did find it on my dashcam footage after I got home.  *shakes head*  I parked right in front of it.  I guess it could do with a bit of paint.

It wasn't just me.  This bike rolled in at the same time, did laps like me and parked directly across from it like I did.  For me it was worse because I had used it before and 'knew' it was there.

It had a Cloncurry sticker on it but Brookester insists it is not a local.

Awesome view of the city from here too, but again my camera doesn't do it justice.

I got photobombed by the bus driver I passed in Eastwood when taking a photo coming out of Mount Lofty.

He bought a jeep.  Give way signs and indicators optional.

https://youtu.be/C0Ytph3NNNw

Up Yanagin Road I stopped and took some photos when I began hearing this beeping sound.  Once working out it came from the dashcam I have yet to work out the cause.  The person from Blueskysea I talk to has no idea either.  His replies are " have you tried ...?" and when you say yes he'll ask a similar question.  I've come to the conclusion he has no idea either.

https://youtu.be/4EsPtaD-85c

I'd never veered off the main road at Greenhill before this day but gave Yarrabee Road a go.

I got a similar photo as this with the kwaka before the Verdun RTE in january 2017.

That's about as far of video footage I have seen.  From here recording dropped in and out so I have only got pockets of the trip.  I'm at a loss as to why but I have since turned off parking mode and the gps function.  Last suday I checked my GPO Box and went to West Beach with no issues.  That should give me some idea of picture quality in the dark, but have her to view it.

Norton Summit is one of those places I have ridden through a lot but rarely stopped to take photos.

Likewise with Ashton, but I wanted a couple of photos for instagram purposes (too many projects on the go) and climbed up a hill to get a good view where I stumbled across this, so I went down and got the bike.  Ity's not that far from the road, but well camouflaged.

I only wanted two photos but left with just under ten.

I've known about these signs sing going through Northern New South Wales in the nineties.  Adelaide has had four that I knew of since 2006 like this one at Newton, but the RAA reported more have been installed around the city late last year.  I spotted a new one on Marion Road.

Then it was a ride home.

« Last Edit: July 10, 2021, 08:47:10 PM by Bodø »

The following users thanked this post: Shiney, Wild Rose