Author Topic: 2021-04-10 Lyndoch Ride To Eat  (Read 793 times)

2021-04-10 Lyndoch Ride To Eat
« on: April 12, 2021, 06:33:51 AM »
Ride Report?  :well :rofl

Back by popular demand here it is.  I had turned off my my Greenalp gps tracking at Bridgewater on thursday so it figured a good spot to start it for this trip.  For continuity reasons I sometimes do stuff like that.  It was still bucketing down at this point so I pulled in under a tree at a church.

I'd got to Mount George when I realised I hadn't put the time lapse camera on the back.  Wet weather and being a short trip meant that the Ghost Xl Drift was the choice of camera for the day.

It sits on my right hand side pannier.

I pulled over here in Carey Gully to put a 'green spot' on Spotwalla.  Unfortunately it seems I have to do this to keep it on it's toes.  Even then Spot missed a few points on saturday.

I dropped into Lenswood and Lobethal but as I had been to both on thursday didn't take that much of a look.  I did know there were toilets here at Lenswood but this was the first I knew of the park behind it.  I might go for a proper walk through it when the weather is better.

Lobethal or Lobey as the locals call it.

I saw a creature of the bovine variety in Kenton Valley.  After being shot down on the gender of one such beast in a Tasmanian ride report that is all I am prepared to say.   :Stirpot

I had a good look at the Williamstown wall mural.  I took a heap of photos there.  This is just one of them.

The trip thus far.

From there is was a short trip to our hosts at Lyndoch.  I saw many modes of transport in Lyndoch.  This plane was on the way into town next to the Jaboki (spelling???) school.

This helicopter took off shortly after I arrived.  I've ridden in this on a Barossa tour in 2013.

I had a good yarn with the driver of this stretch limousine.  I used to drive them in Cairns.  They are harder than driving a bus as when you get behind the wheel of a bus you can see you're driving a bus.  In these limos it looks like a normal car so you have to keep your wits about you.  By the time the women who had rented this they were possibly partly sloshed but insisted they were having more fun than me, Stinky Pete and Marcello who were chatting at the time.

I thought Buses'r'us went into liquidation and out of business months before I went to Tassie.  I know this because saw heaps of them in Taswegia and wondered if they are the same company.  I said this to the limo driver and he said they always go out of business and reappear.  I guess it's like a rash that keeps coming back.   :whistle

This one was out there when we were leaving after lunch.  I didn't see any newlyweds but the chopper had landed, taken a couple and taken off when we were eating.

I got some photos of bikes too - Stinky Pete and Marcello arriving and Langers and Julie leaving.

Unfortunately the ST's were again outnumbered in total bikes - 2 ST's; 2 Beemers and the ubiquitous Kawasaki Versys

I had to google the word "ubiquitous" but I have to say I do like this word.  :like

You'll note that the ubiquitous Versys parked away from the riff raff.   :nahnah
Actually, given that I was there first I think they parked away from me.

Who recommended this venue?  he deserves a pat on the back.  The lunch was awesome and all but one of us went for the chicken.  That was beautiful.  I thought it needed some rice on the side but perhaps that was just down to my upbringing.

On the drink front though a few of us asked "do you have..." and got told no.  That was the response I got to Guinness though and tried apple cider for a change.  To me if felt more potent than Guinness, but that could have just been me being not used to it.

Their water bottles looked cool too.  It looks like something you'd put home brew in.

I always say no South Australian road trip is complete without either a salt lake or a disused railway.  This outing it was the railway.

This looks like a rail platform but it was a long way from the tracks.

No roadworks you ask???  Don't be silly.  Of course there were.  This was at Chain Of Ponds.

Spot should have picked up points before Bridgewater and I returned home via Kersbrook and Inglewood so I don't know what has happened there.

« Last Edit: April 12, 2021, 11:21:16 AM by Bodø »

The following users thanked this post: Shiney, Nigel, Kev Murphy, Jdbiker, Langers, ruSTynutz

Online Jdbiker

• NR2024 Rally Team
  • Supreme "2000" Club Member
  • ST Legend
Re: 2021-04-10 Lyndoch Ride To Eat
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2021, 07:22:13 AM »
Another great RR and great photos  :like. Thanks for sharing Bodo San.
Jdbiker.
2008 red ST1300A
1980 Yamaha XS 1100
1974. Yamaha TX 500 sold
1984   Kawasaki GT 750
1975  Honda GL1000 selling

Honda XL 250 sold
Suzuki TS 100
2000 Honda ST1100P
1988 Enfield Bullet 350
 1941 Royal Enfield WD/C 350 engine
2021 Royal Enfield Bullet 500