Author Topic: Mortlake RTE 17 April  (Read 1024 times)

Online Kev Murphy

• "Top Dog" 10000 club
  • 98 ST1100 Portland, SW Vic coastal.
Mortlake RTE 17 April
« on: April 20, 2021, 07:07:12 AM »
It looked a bit damp and overcast when I left home, so I packed the wets 'just in case'
Didn't need them tho', was a dry trip, and temp was around 13 when I moved out at 9 am. I decided to take some backroads just for the variety. Narrow roads, slow travel signed at 60kph for about 1/3 of the journey, and had to move off the road to the dirt multiple times for oncoming vehicles. The travel time stretched to 2 and a quarter hours to reach Mortlake, arrived at about 11.15am. Lawrence was already parked at the side, so I parked out front to make myself visible to other riders and to those in cars, who soon arrived. Temp had increased to around 14/15 degrees, so it was a comfortable trip, and I had to take off my jacket when I got off the bike.

Staff at Mac's are very friendly and helpful, and service was magnificent with a great range of good food available.
Very enjoyable, as we had the whole room to ourselves.

Was really great to catch up with everyone, and to place faces to a couple of other members whom I had not met with before.

I decided to leave for home very soon after Nigel, at around 2.20pm or so. A different course home, slightly longer, but main highways where I could travel at better speeds than the trip up. When I reached Warrnambool, there was a very fine mist, can't call it rain, but was through that in less than 5 minutes. Took a rest break at Port Fairy and topped the tank even tho' I had sufficient to get home. Was in the door at home 4.15pm.

Will post a couple of pics shortly.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2021, 07:11:04 AM by Kev Murphy »
0428 306 496

kjmurphy2@bigpond.com

The following users thanked this post: Shiney, Draco (Heartbreak Kid), Jdbiker, ruSTynutz

Online Kev Murphy

• "Top Dog" 10000 club
Re: Mortlake RTE 17 April
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2021, 07:30:56 AM »
Click on images to enlarge.

0428 306 496

kjmurphy2@bigpond.com

The following users thanked this post: Jdbiker, ruSTynutz

Online Kev Murphy

• "Top Dog" 10000 club
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2021, 07:32:54 AM »
I think I can say that a jam good time was had by all.  :grin :thumb
0428 306 496

kjmurphy2@bigpond.com

Online Williamson

• UNBELIEVABLE "5000 Posts" Member
  • ST Legend
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2021, 08:17:19 AM »
It looked a bit damp and overcast when I left home, so I packed the wets 'just in case'
Didn't need them tho', was a dry trip, and temp was around 13 when I moved out at 9 am. I decided to take some backroads just for the variety. Narrow roads, slow travel signed at 60kph for about 1/3 of the journey, and had to move off the road to the dirt multiple times for oncoming vehicles. The travel time stretched to 2 and a quarter hours to reach Mortlake, arrived at about 11.15am. Lawrence was already parked at the side, so I parked out front to make myself visible to other riders and to those in cars, who soon arrived. Temp had increased to around 14/15 degrees, so it was a comfortable trip, and I had to take off my jacket when I got off the bike.

Staff at Mac's are very friendly and helpful, and service was magnificent with a great range of good food available.
Very enjoyable, as we had the whole room to ourselves.

Was really great to catch up with everyone, and to place faces to a couple of other members whom I had not met with before.

I decided to leave for home very soon after Nigel, at around 2.20pm or so. A different course home, slightly longer, but main highways where I could travel at better speeds than the trip up. When I reached Warrnambool, there was a very fine mist, can't call it rain, but was through that in less than 5 minutes. Took a rest break at Port Fairy and topped the tank even tho' I had sufficient to get home. Was in the door at home 4.15pm.

Will post a couple of pics shortly.

:thumbs
Cheers,  Williamson (AKA Michael)

Motorcycling, the best time you can have with your pants on.
eBiking, the second best time you can have with your pants on
Afterlife, up there for the climate, down there for the company.
If I'd known I was gunna live this long, I woulda looked after myself better

The following users thanked this post: Kev Murphy

Online Kev Murphy

• "Top Dog" 10000 club
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2021, 12:57:43 PM »
To Neil and Val ... ta muchly for your home made plum jam, am enjoying some on hot crumpets today. :thumb :thumb
0428 306 496

kjmurphy2@bigpond.com