Author Topic: Your first Bike - Post make model & year and a pic if possible  (Read 8230 times)

Offline Aj1300

• aj1300
  • KTm
Re: Your first Bike - Post make model & year and a pic if possible
« Reply #25 on: September 11, 2012, 07:13:54 AM »
How do you find the yamie Tackleberry ? A mate has one and wishes he had the Honda. Is it any better than the BMW? :blk13
Adam aj1300/ KTM

Offline ruSTyEB

• Occasionally 2Up
« Reply #26 on: September 11, 2012, 10:00:36 AM »
2005 KLX 250, great off-road and around town. Not so good up a hill.

« Last Edit: September 14, 2012, 07:31:37 PM by ruSTyEB »
Martin
 -- 94 ST1100 R --
Made in Hamamatsu

Offline Tackleberry

• QUEENSLANDER!!!!!!!
« Reply #27 on: September 11, 2012, 05:46:43 PM »
How do you find the yamie Tackleberry? A mate has one and wishes he had the Honda. Is it any better than the BMW? :blk13

Very simple answer in part the Yammie stomps all over the BMW except for one area, which is the ABS brakes in my own opinion.  Comfort is a personal preference, so I can't comment on what somebody else may think, but I have ridden to Camooweal and return for work and think the FJR is comfortable.  In my own opinion I would have one in the garage without hesitation, may even buy the current one if the finances are right. 

Having been at a location that had a BMW R1200, Honda ST1300 & Yammie FJR1300 I can tell you that it really will come down to preference on a few things.  The Yammie definitely has the acceleration over the other two.  (Don't ask how I know)  The BMW is really high off the ground, with some good ground clearance if you don't just ride paved roads, but making it difficult to mount on uneven ground (I'm 6' so not that short).  Having ridden the ST1300 & FJR1300, I really didn't have a preference as they both have pluses & minuses. 

Even the bloke that rides the ST1300 in T/ville bought my bike back from a service and commented on the acceleration compared to the ST.  He almost lost the rear coming out of a corner as he accelerated.  I have owned two Blackbirds and compare the acceleration on the FJR to the fuel injected B/bird, as does the other FJR rider who just happened to have owned both Blackbirds before me. 

:hijacked
Steve
Only the guy in the glass matters..... 
Ride on Davo it's your road now.

Offline alans1100

• 1999 ST1100A
  • UNBELIEVABLE "5000 Posts" Member
  • Alan, Peterborough, SA
« Reply #28 on: September 11, 2012, 07:14:52 PM »

I also had one of these GSX 250s and found it more advanced with auto cam chain adjust and DOHC compared to Honda's manual cam adjust and single cam. After a spell without a bike I bought a used Honda CB 250N and work my way up again.   
1999 :bl11  2004 :13Candy

FarRider #921- BR15, BR17, CR1

Offline Digs

• ST 1300
« Reply #29 on: September 12, 2012, 10:59:06 PM »
Triton. Thunderbird motor cradled in a featherbed frame with roadholder forks and clipons. The straight pipes sounded great but attracted too much attention from the boys on the Trophy's with a blue light. :cop. Resulted in quite a few "spirited" rides over the Rimutukas to leave them behind. :nahnah :butt. No pics left unfortunately.