Author Topic: Streaks trip to Inverell 15/09/2012  (Read 2977 times)

Offline Streak

• NR2016 Group
  • Supreme "2000" Club Member
  • Stampy Glitterballs
    • Australian ST Owners Club
Streaks trip to Inverell 15/09/2012
« on: September 16, 2012, 07:53:09 PM »
This trip I have been looking forward to for ages! I was packed and ready to on Friday  :thumb

A quick phone call Friday night with Leo (Wild Rose), and he met me 8am Saturday morning to head over to Watwick to meet up with everyone. It was a quick run over to Warwick, as we pulled into The Caltex at Warwick it was fantastic to see all the bikes lined up, 15 ST's in total, Whizz and Wild Rosee had come over to see us all off to inverell as well.

Once I was off the bike and said my hello Tipsy and Harie G went to work fitting V2 of their highway blades to my ST, which I have to say are going to look bloody good once the finished product is produced

We did discover while the parking at Caltex is fantastic, the coffee and the service diplomatically...not so fantastic....

After a quick chat we where on our way, the weather was perfect, made me wonder what the poor people where doing....

About half the group went via Bonshaw to inverell, while we went via Glen Innnes, we being, Tipsy, Harie G, Diesel, (I am awful to say I can't remember who else was with us, tired brain you know)

Funny moment along the way V2 Higheay blades Mounting Bracket on my left side decided it did not want to work properly any more I almost caught it when it fell off, apparently looked very funny to those behind me, al though watching tipsy dodging trucks to pick it up was quite a laugh in it's own moment!

lunch was had in Glen Innes at a road house cafe.

I did however discover that I was riding with a pair from the IRA!

Just jokes, Tipsy gave me a balaclava to test out and it has nocked off a lot of the noise that was bothering me!

It was then off to Inverell, I had never been on this road, and while not full of twisters the country side looked fantastic, would happily ride that all day! The people from the caravan park where excellent, and the service and information was excellent!

Waiting for us was Sarg and AJ1300 who where busy snapping photos as we pulled in!

Watching the bikes pull in all afternoon was great, meeting the new faces, shaking hands with the old faces I had not seen for ages, so very quickly the beer and laughs where plentiful!

So as I could work it out 20 ST's, 1 FJR1300, and 1 Yamaha 1300 cruiser.

The Lions/Rotary crew where fantastic! Dinner was excellent, and plenty of food and laughs

I crashed early so I don't have a whole lot to report about the nighttime shenanigans...

But I can tell you there is nothing like Bacon, Eggs and Honda in the morning!

Diesel gave me a fantastic present though, check this out....if you like it send him a message!

Then the intrepid crew loaded up and headed off, look at these fine men ready to roll!

The ride was fantastic to tenter field via Bonshaw, didn't to much for the fuel economy, but was a ball all the same, mother nature just kept rolling out the glorious weather! we cruised through to tenterfield for coffee, and I have to say this, STOP at the Tenterfield cafe, coffee was so good diesel and I had two, staff funny as heck, and when Harie asked for a cloth to clean his visor, they brought us a bowl of water, cloths to clean all our gear with  :thumb

Last but not least, I did just on 800km round trip (http://goo.gl/maps/OWM7O), had a great time! Thanks to IanB, STeveo, Shiney, AJ1300, Dicko, Sargent35, Rob Mac, Bluey, ST2UP, BlueHonda, Bruce, Gadjet, Dennis, Tipsy, Innet, the Pillions, and friends who came for making it a fantastic event (if I missed anyone apologies now)

And here is my smiling dial below

Cheers

Graham(Streak)
« Last Edit: September 17, 2012, 10:00:34 AM by Streak »
Streak (Graham)
Storm Trooper
streak@ozstoc.com
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/OzSTOC
2010 White DL650 Strom
FarRider #667
IBA #59145
Aussie Hard Arse #63

Offline Biggles

• NatRally 2018 - Mackay
  • "Top Dog" 10000 club
  • Bridgeman Downs, Brisbane
Re: Streaks trip to Inverell 15/09/2012
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2012, 09:00:48 PM »
Top write-up mate.  Sounds like Honda STs attract the very best people, including most of the food and drink providers we've come across (except the Warwick Truck Stop).
For the modern man who lives in the city, riding a bike might be one of the only ways to escape the humdrum monotony. To take off and ride. To be both at one with nature and one with the bike. To feel masculine. Adam Piggott

OzSTOC #16  STOC #6135  FarR #509  IBA #54927

Offline tj189

• Brisbane
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2012, 09:02:30 PM »
Nice report there Streak and some great photos as well, thanks for sharing  :thumbs
IBA #38035
FarRider #189
Ulysses #42456

Offline weSTy

• ST Legend
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2012, 10:40:30 PM »
Thanks for a great ride streak Well organised good food good people good weather good location just need Harrie G to keep his pants on. Cant wait for the next one.How about the underground hotel at WhiteCliffs.  Cheers

Offline Sabie

• Riding a Blue Angel
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2012, 10:57:05 PM »
Ok, we in the far north are insanely jealous. Well me anyway :well

Looked like a great event, great pics.

Hopefully one day. :wink1

Sab
(Sabie pronounced Sab bee)

2004 Honda ST1300 Blue (Current)
2007 Yamaha VStar XVS 650 Classic (Current)
2011 Suzuki Boulevard C50T VL 800
2007 Yamaha XV 250 Virago
1980 CX500 Red
1980 CX500 Black
1979 CX500 Blue
1981 Honda XL 500s
1982 Yamaha XZ 550
1981 Honda XL 250s
1974 Honda Elsinore MT 250

Offline Barry and Marissa

• ST Legend
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2012, 06:55:59 AM »
Good read Graham. Weather was a brilliant for riding. Glad everyone had a great time :thumb
Barry and Marissa :) :)

Barry 2012 VFR800 Red.
Marissa 2011 VFR800 Red.

Online Shiney

• Dave
  • Global Moderator
  • UNBELIEVABLE "5000 Posts" Member
  • RTE Coordinator - Strathpine, QLD
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2012, 07:36:14 AM »
Awesome write up Streak and awesome work on organising the event, as has been said it was a great day, good people, good weather, good food and great bikes :runyay

And as a side note the Yamaha cruiser is a 1900 :wink1

Anyway thanks again for a great RTE :-++

Cheers
Shiney
My Ride: 2023 ST1800   :thumb
OzSTOC #104   STOC# 8512   IBA # 59142
Find me in The Who's Who of OzSTOC!

I like shiney things :grin
One of the Dave, Dave, Dave and Duncan crew 8)

Offline Tipsy

• Landed Gentry
  • Legendary "1000 Club" Member
  • Laurie
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2012, 08:50:52 AM »
 :wht11 py

Yes Thanks Mate
The camaraderie could not be beaten anywhere even the music was good,  :p :p :thumbsup :thumbs :runyay
Tipsy
I am lost and haves gone to find myself
Now If I get back before I return
Please ask me to wait.

Offline Aj1300

• aj1300
  • KTm
« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2012, 03:30:02 PM »
Good write up and pic Streak, good weekend thanks,. :thumbs
My trip started out with overcast cold Melbourne weather. All excited about my first big ride and to meet alot of people. Usually have my wallet in my rh pants pocket, but had my phone there instead. Get to my first fuel stop ,500 k's away fill up. No wallet :|||| :|||| how do I explain this to the lady. No phone reception.the lady had to ring my wife to get c.c. Details all sorted now try and find a NAB. No bank in the small towns as I have gone the back roads to stay off the hwy.had to go to Wagga. Slight detour but it better than heading home.get to the bank thinking this would be more trouble ,walked out with some money all good. First o/ n was Grenfell, set the tent up ,Bathurst was my next stop to cut a couple of laps, bumped into Rob who I was to meet at mudgee. He had to head off for a meeting. He had just done some laps with his video. Around I go on the speed limit, the I see mister plod in the unmarked car, I head off to Mudgee,
Meet up with Rob head of through Coola,Tambar Springs, gunnedah, o/ n at Carroll Gap, woke up with big frost on the swag and bike. Great weather for riding . Up to Bingara  than Copeton Dam, road was a bit rough in places,still good riding.Birds must like these cop bikes, Rob nearly hit 4 birds.
Arrive at Inverrel and meet every one , great to catch up with every one . Leave at 8 am ,thunderbolt way to Gloucester , stroud road to Singleton,nice country roads,Putty rd to Windsor through to Goulburn. Rob and I part ways. Thanks for the company Rob it was a great ride. Thought about going  all the way home 700 more k's . I felt good ,head off  but too much  wild life getting restless ,I play it safe and pull in at Yass, made it home by 1 pm all safe 3035 k's . Thanks to Shinney for the seat adjustment made a big differance. Thanks again Rob. He has video and lots of pics. Cheers and thanks for a great time Adam  :thumbs :blk13
Adam aj1300/ KTM

Offline Aj1300

• aj1300
  • KTm
« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2012, 03:49:04 PM »

Yes Thanks Mate
The camaraderie could not be beaten anywhere even the music was good,  :p :p :thumbsup :thumbs :runyay
Tipsy
Sorry Tipsy, you got to do something about the music, at least into the 70 's :thumb :blk13
Adam aj1300/ KTM

Offline Tipsy

• Landed Gentry
  • Legendary "1000 Club" Member
  • Laurie
« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2012, 06:38:59 PM »

The seventies was there, You just never got any of it.. The iPod was set to shuffle and with just over 8K of songs we didnt have long enough to hear en all, :crackup

Tipsy
I am lost and haves gone to find myself
Now If I get back before I return
Please ask me to wait.

Online Shiney

• Dave
  • Global Moderator
  • UNBELIEVABLE "5000 Posts" Member
  • RTE Coordinator - Strathpine, QLD
« Reply #11 on: September 18, 2012, 06:38:59 AM »
Good to hear you made it home okay and had a blast on the trip Adam :thumbsup :runyay :beer :eat :beer :runyay
And I’m glad the little seat mod did the trick :thumb

Cheers
Shiney
My Ride: 2023 ST1800   :thumb
OzSTOC #104   STOC# 8512   IBA # 59142
Find me in The Who's Who of OzSTOC!

I like shiney things :grin
One of the Dave, Dave, Dave and Duncan crew 8)