Author Topic: Anyone for a Tassie Ride this Saturday 5th  (Read 6507 times)

Kev

Anyone for a Tassie Ride this Saturday 5th
« on: November 03, 2011, 04:40:34 PM »
I know it's a bit late, but there was a post on the 'old' forum which  missed the cutoff/transfer deadline...soooo

As the weather looks like it's going to be  :thumbs I was planning on taking a ride up to Strathgordon.....(but hey, I'm flexible)....so if any of the Tassie riders would like to join in..

Simon has given the  :thumbsup

I have only had a quick stop there a while ago (work related) but I think theres a BBQ...so I'll take up some snags etc..for a quick bite..

What do you reckon??

Cheers

Kev

Post number xxx minus
« Last Edit: November 03, 2011, 04:48:34 PM by Kev (Tas) »

Offline Couch

• Tassie NR 2019
  • Legendary "1000 Club" Member
  • Tasman Peninsula, Tasmania
Re: Anyone for a Tassie Ride this Saturday 5th
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2011, 08:30:04 PM »
Hi Kev..............Sounds great!.......wish I knew a little earlier mate as I need to have my back tyre replaced before clocking up any further kls. She's gone about as far as she can go, I'm afraid to say >:() I just checked it out and it's a little further worn than I thought :fp. I'll need a slow steady trip in to Hobart to replace it.

I might still be able to make it though if Horizon Honda have a tyre on hand for my bike, and they're able to fit it for me tomorrow. I'll phone them first up in the morning.  I've driven to Strathgordon previously, about sixteen years ago, and I'm really keen to ride there, so I'll do all I can to make it.

Where and when, are you planning to meet up.

I'll  :phone you Kev if I can make it

Cheers,
Baz
« Last Edit: November 03, 2011, 08:31:53 PM by Couch »
There are many paths to the top of the mountain.....but we all need to find our own way!

Offline Couch

• Tassie NR 2019
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2011, 09:12:06 AM »
Unfortunately Kev I'm not able to get the tyre fitted today :o|||..................the tyres are still on a truck somewhere and are expected in sometime late today, but it will be too late for the service department to get it fitted for me.......that's "IF" it arrives at all today.

Bugger.............I really want to do that ride.  You can tell me all about it mate.........it's beautiful up there....Lake Pedder.....WOW!
I had another look at the tyre this morning.................no way could I ride that distance on it....I can't complain though, it's a Dunlop Sportmax and I have 17,624 kls up on it.

I'll certainly do it another day now that the warmer weather is approaching 8). Maybe you and Simon might like to do it again sometime.

I hope you and Simon have a great, safe ride...............bugger, I can almost taste those  BBQ sausages :p

Cheers,
Baz
There are many paths to the top of the mountain.....but we all need to find our own way!

Offline Couch

• Tassie NR 2019
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2011, 07:31:11 PM »
Hey Kev.............you really knew how to pick the weather for the ride to Strathgordon didn't you :thumbsup. What a magnificient day!! You couldn't ask for better weather for a ride up the mountains :runyay.

Hope you enjoyed your burnt sausages  >:(

Looking forward to reading your write up mate!

Offline Couch

• Tassie NR 2019
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2011, 11:07:12 AM »
I just knew it would be.....bugger >:(

Beautiful country Kev isn't it!   

OK, we've seen the pics of the Franklin Dam, now how was Lake Pedder, and where are the pics of the Lake :well
« Last Edit: November 06, 2011, 11:10:43 AM by Couch »