Author Topic: Mission Aviation Fellowship Ride  (Read 1371 times)

Offline youngSTer

• young one
  • BMW R1200RT
Mission Aviation Fellowship Ride
« on: September 01, 2013, 07:47:21 AM »
Ride2Fly
28th September 2013

Ride2Fly is on again! We are looking forward to a great event this September.

WHAT IS RIDE2FLY?

Each year MAF carries out over 87,000 flights in more than 25 countries around the world.

These flights overcome the physical and geographical obstacles that hinder doctors, pastors, nurses, teachers and evangelists in their work in some of the most remote places on the planet. MAF transports building materials and medical supplies, schoolbooks and Bibles, bringing spiritual hope and physical help to some of the world's poorest people. MAF's medical evacuation flights (medivacs) move sick and injured people quickly and safely to hospitals.

Where MAF works, aircraft are the most effective and efficient mode of transport. However, they do cost money to fly. All proceeds from Ride2Fly will go towards the purchase of a vitally necessary second aircraft for MAF’s Timor-Leste program (East Timor).  This need is urgent.  Consider that last year, with several UN aircraft still in the country, MAF completed 110 medical evacuations. And of course, that’s not the only thing we do! Now the UN have left.  MAF has the only fixed wing aircraft in the country to support the work of development and mission.  You can help!

The MAF Australia QLD team has developed a unique and exciting way to raise these much-needed funds.

We call it... Ride2Fly.

HOW WILL THE MONEY RAISED HELP?

$20 donations...
will help stock a MAF engineer's tool box and keep our planes flying safely.

$50 donations...
will provide a jerrycan of AvGas (aviation gasoline), sufficient for one half of the flying for a medevac from the clinic at Maliana to Dili, Timor Leste.

$100 donations...
will fly over 80kg of medicines, vaccines and other supplies to the remote medical clinic at Mt Aue, PNG.

$500 donations...
provide a medical evacuation flight in a GA8 Airvan for a critically ill patient in an isolated community.

Click on the thumbnail to see a larger version of the map

THE DETAILS

28th September, 2013

All proceeds will be going towards the provision of a much needed second aircraft for MAF’s Timor-Leste program.

Ride Starts at Archerfield Airport Brisbane: Arrive at 0830 for a 0900 start!

Ride Concludes at Redcliffe Airport with a afternoon tea and trophy presentation at approx. 1600.

All riders must register and agree to the MAF Ride2Fly Code of Conduct. Riders' Sponsorship (formerly the registration fee) is $25 per person, this includes lunch which will be at Watts Bridge airfield.

It is not compulsory to raise additional sponsorship but we would really appreciate your help to reach our $15,000 target. Maybe you could raise $500 to help MAF? Maybe more!

One important change about the fundraising aspect of Ride2Fly is that now both your personal sponsorship and your sponsors' donations will be tax deductible.

All motorcycles are welcome, subject to the motorcycle being in roadworthy condition and have appropriate insurance coverage. Riders must have a 'P' or 'Open' licence.

Let your friends know, encourage them to register, raise some sponsorship and come along! It will be a great day and you will be helping people who live at the 'ends of the earth' to live life more abundantly.

HOW TO GET INVOLVED
Log onto the wewb site and if you can't come please sponsor me youngSTer.
I am registered as Tony Boulding.
Sometimes I pretend to be NORMAL,
but it gets boring,So I go back to being Me!

Bikes I've had;
Suzuki K10 80cc.
B.S.A. Bantam.
Honda CB450.
Suzuki Savage.
Honda SL100.
Honda Postie Bike.
Honda ST1300A. Best of All. GONE & SOLD
Honda CB 500X. New to my Stable. GONE & SOLD.
NOW BMW R 1200 RT

Offline Biggles

• NatRally 2018 - Mackay
  • "Top Dog" 10000 club
  • Bridgeman Downs, Brisbane
Re: Mission Aviation Fellowship Ride
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2013, 12:21:58 PM »
I'll back Tony up on this one.
Having been a MAF pilot for eight years back in the 80s, I know the work they do around the world for isolated communities, including in out own Northern Territory.
FWIW my name is also in there (Bill).  It's not a long ride (a bit over 200 kays) but quite interesting with informative stops for lunch and afternoon tea at regional airports (Toogoolawah and Redcliffe).
For the modern man who lives in the city, riding a bike might be one of the only ways to escape the humdrum monotony. To take off and ride. To be both at one with nature and one with the bike. To feel masculine. Adam Piggott

OzSTOC #16  STOC #6135  FarR #509  IBA #54927