Author Topic: Lismore-Sydney- Putty Rd -Lismore.  (Read 910 times)

Offline pault

• ST
Lismore-Sydney- Putty Rd -Lismore.
« on: October 13, 2014, 06:11:23 PM »
Went to Sydney on the weekend.
Left Lismore (far north coast NSW) at 4am.
Good time to go no traffic , Sydney usual mess. Pennent hills rd actually moving,
Made Penrith by 1pm. With the hour for stops out that’s 8 hrs, not too bad.
Now the good bit, Left Penwiff at 3pm next day to head for the Putty. Sunday afternoon heading out of the city. I passed 2 cars heading north in 100 miles. One pulled over in the bends. How good was that. Pick my own pace and no one else to worry about. Good way to spend an arvo.  Lots of bikes heading south. The only one who waved was a harley rider?
It was dark by Tamworth and I was a bit tired so got a room and did the rest this morning. Hardly any traffic.
The coast is busy in the daylight. Much rather the New England and then pick one of 3 ways down to the coast.
Bit more time but more enjoyable.
Don’t like trying to come down to the coast at night.
Too many big furry things.
1800 k,s. Had to be done so might as well enjoy it.

Offline Biggles

• NatRally 2018 - Mackay
  • "Top Dog" 10000 club
  • Bridgeman Downs, Brisbane
Re: Lismore-Sydney- Putty Rd -Lismore.
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2014, 08:19:48 PM »
Much to be happy about there!
The worst thing about the coast at any time is the slow towns, especially Coffs and the Clarence hamlets.
The super-slab is fine at any time provided there's no accidents to cause bottle-necks and rubber-necks.
For the modern man who lives in the city, riding a bike might be one of the only ways to escape the humdrum monotony. To take off and ride. To be both at one with nature and one with the bike. To feel masculine. Adam Piggott

OzSTOC #16  STOC #6135  FarR #509  IBA #54927