Author Topic: Bike thefts news story - Melbourne  (Read 1465 times)

Offline Biggles

• NatRally 2018 - Mackay
  • "Top Dog" 10000 club
  • Bridgeman Downs, Brisbane
Re: Bike thefts news story - Melbourne
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2015, 01:33:32 PM »
Brazen!!
The security guy did a good job.  Hopefully he got the car's plates and they were legit.  The station wagon with the thief drove off through a red light.
Some poor sod has a bike with a smashed up lock- looked like he was hammering the headstock.
For the modern man who lives in the city, riding a bike might be one of the only ways to escape the humdrum monotony. To take off and ride. To be both at one with nature and one with the bike. To feel masculine. Adam Piggott

OzSTOC #16  STOC #6135  FarR #509  IBA #54927

Offline Flip

• 20 odd other bikes - FINALLY - ST Owner/Rider.
Re: Bike thefts news story - Melbourne
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2015, 03:29:35 AM »
In Australia, these days, we're (the law/courts) are far too soft on thieves ! (IMHO)   :Stirpot

Check out the typical reaction to a motorbike thief getting caught in the act in Sai Gon.  :rofl   (I've witnessed this same sort of thing happening several times while living there)

A little bit of 'street justice' was administered by the bike's owner and a couple of the locals first.    :clap :clap :clap

After this typical demonstration of general disapproval, THEN the locals call the Cong An. (police)  :whistle
Seems to work a lot better than the 'slap on the wrist' treatment thieves usually get from the courts in Australia.  :OldMan

www.youtube.com/watch?v=3CMRnlIv_L4

Flip

:wht11
« Last Edit: February 14, 2015, 10:35:34 PM by Flip »
But I AM Napoleon I tell you !
Where am I now that I need me ???
ALL others on the roads are idiots - ride accordingly !
STOC # 5709.
Ulysses Club # 40064.