Farkles, Gear & Accessories > Farkles and Gear General Section

Starcom no longer has an agent in Australia

(1/3) > >>

StinkyPete:
Our forum has  a number of users of the hard wired Starcom family of helmet communication systems.   I'm a fan of their hard wired communication sets as there's no bluetooth helmets to be charged, and no buttons to push to initiate a conversation.   The inconvenience of plugging in when we hop on the bike is no big deal.

I've had an old helmet set pack up, and tried to get a replacement from SoundRider, the Aussie Starcom agent, only to find that they have closed shop.   I rang and spoke to the previous owner of Soundrider, and he thought that Starcom in the UK had also closed down.   My email to Starcom UK was promptly answered and they confirmed that they haven't got agent in Oz, but parts and accessories can be purchased direct from their website.

Go to http://www.starcom1.com/index.html  to purchase Starcom products.

West Aussie Glen:
Thanks for the info Pete. I am a Starcom user for much the same reasons as you give above.

West Aussie Glen:
PS are you ordering anything?

StinkyPete:
I have another Starcom helmet set that I've taken from a spare helmet, and I'll fit to that to my everyday helmet.  Therefore I have no plans to purchase in the near future.   For info, a Universal Helmet Set from Starcom UK is $116 AUD including shipping, which is quite a bit cheaper than the last one I bought from Soundrider.

West Aussie Glen:
Thanks Pete. it maybe time to order a spare.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version