Author Topic: NSW/ACT RTE Grey Gum Cafe Saturday 7th September 2013  (Read 22561 times)

Offline bringellian

• ST Legend
Re: NSW/ACT RTE Grey Gum Cafe Saturday 7th September 2013
« Reply #75 on: September 07, 2013, 05:56:43 PM »
I will iterate what Ian(not the name on the shirt) said, a great day with new and old faces.

Great trip up and back with not much traffic, thanks for the company on the ride up and back Ian, sorry to the guys at Narellan, but we waited as long as we could in the sun, but had to get going so the aircon would work.

Oh and I remember one name, I think it was Fiona? Is that correct?  :grin

Great day out with good company, I must remember to order a shirt, oh and maybe bring the ST next time too.  :beer

Offline Neale

• Legendary Member
  • Harrington Park, NSW
« Reply #76 on: September 07, 2013, 08:14:34 PM »
As said, had a great day. Kicked off by voting early then over to Maccas and met up with A2Z and Fiona, Johnny Yted and Ruben. Took the direct route up Northern Rd at the speed limit as Fiona is still finding her pillion feet. The ride up was still very enjoyable as the Putty Rd is a windy windy.  Got to Grey Gums around 1130hrs and met up with Robert, Single and the Bringellian. Abe and Ben arrived next in the cage and then Peter the Blueheeler. Also met Kingy, JMW for the first time. Had a great chat with a bunch of good folks. The ACT contingent rolled in late due to coming up via the long way. Met Saaz, Terry, Darryl and his boss. Had the obligatory pics taken and then departed. An uneventful ride home but lifted the tempo a little to enjoy the bends.  Looking forward to the next one. :thumbsup :runyay

P.S. Don't forget the BACA ride on Sunday the 15 Sep commencing at Moorebank around 0830hrs (for the ones not going to Inverell).
Neale

2009 ST 1300 Candy Apple Red

Offline jwm

• ST Legend
« Reply #77 on: September 07, 2013, 08:28:52 PM »
Good to meet some new folks at the Grey Gums, all good people.  Good day out and about, got home at a tad past 5.30pm with about 620ks on he clock for the day.  I've finished washing the dishes after dinner and now enjoying my ??, oh sit, I've lost track again, alcoholic beverage. Catch up again soon.

The more I ride this St1300, the more I like it.

jwm

:13Candy

Offline johnnyYTED

• Supreme "2000" Club Member
  • STranger 1100 n BEEstY 1330cc
« Reply #78 on: September 07, 2013, 08:31:36 PM »
 :dred11 :dred11 :13Candy :13Candy  The Narellan crew were Neale, Ruben, Allen and hiswife Fiona(?) and myself. 2 ST13's and 2 ST11's  all RED. we left Macca's and had an easy ride along the Northern Rd across to Windsor then along the Putty to Grey Gum.
It was Fiona's longest 2up and she appeared calm and relaxed on arrival.
It was my first OzSToc ride and was great to meet a great mob.
The ride back home was good  but my Steed started getting hot,, :well quite HOT. I peeled of at Richmond Rd to stop in on family and let it cool down. My thermo fan isnt starting,,,hmmmm... where to start to find out why. I'll post a question in the relavent forum area..
I'll LQQK forward to the next RTE and other events to join the fun..
 :beer
Picton  if it doesn’t flood higher than previous times.
mobile 047 4488 436 
IBA#59147, FarRider #732
STranger 1998 ST1100, x Police
STrangler ST1300 2007 Charcoal Grey.
BEEstY 2017 Can-Am Daytona 1330.
maybe something with a little extra
:dred11 :Spyder

Offline Kingy

• ST Legend
« Reply #79 on: September 07, 2013, 08:36:13 PM »
Thanks everyone for the enjoyable day out. Just a short ride for me, but fun all the same. Nice to meet some new people and look forward to many more days out on the ST. ( More red ST's than black I reckon on this occasion). We will address that situation on another ride!!!!!! Thanks again people!! 

Offline Pocket STocker

• Global Moderator
  • Legendary "1000 Club" Member
  • Snuggled UP2ST2UP
« Reply #80 on: September 07, 2013, 09:09:01 PM »
Thanks for reporting in guys, any more pics ???

Abe the latest to get the BB tag I see  :popcorn

Pockey  :grin
Pockey

Skinny Milk Tantrum Speacilist #1

FarRider #757

pillions@ozstoc.com

Mbl: 0428792420

Cinderella is proof that a pair of shoes can change your life ;)

Offline Neale

• Legendary Member
  • Harrington Park, NSW
« Reply #81 on: September 07, 2013, 09:11:08 PM »
Was waiting for that one.  :nahnah
Neale

2009 ST 1300 Candy Apple Red

Offline STroppy

• STroppy (Terry - the name on the TeeShirt)
  • CountryMember! Mob 0412499625
« Reply #82 on: September 07, 2013, 09:51:38 PM »
Good to catch up, although briefly as the Canberra contingent were a tad late in arriving, and we were obviously wearing the wrong deoderant as many departed shortly after our arrival . . .  :Blow

It was a long hot ride today, I did 892 ks round trip for a thai chicken burger, nice it was but it was a few familiar faces and some new ones that really made the trip worthwhile.  Hopefully we will see some of you up at Inverell next weekend along with some of the Qld contingent.

:dred11  :dred11 forever . . . .  :runyay:beer

Stroppy not the name on the shirt . . .  :hatwave
Terry, Canberra 0412499625
Ulysses #22354, FarRider #761
Current bikes 2013 Triumph Trophy SE, 2008 ST1300
Previous bikes1948 Triumph Tiger 500 Twin - sprung rear hub, 1963 BSA Bantam 175, Yamaha 75cc & DT250, Honda ST1100, 400N & CX500 sports, BMW K100RS & K100 LT, Harley Electra-glid

Offline saaz

• Canberra ACT
« Reply #83 on: September 07, 2013, 09:55:39 PM »
I got there late so don't know what to write. In time to get the flag picture.  Had a great ride in good weather with STroppy and Dags (actually Darryl and Sue).  Riding 900kms or more for lunch is probably not ideal though, as left at 7am and back at 7pm.  So more incentive for RTEs down this way. I have my main man (Sarge) on the case.
John
(Ridden on and forever in our hearts)
1996 Honda ST1100P
2014 Triumph Trophy SE
Ozstoc, STOC #7239, Farrider #461 Ulysses #061681, IBA #59143 and some others

Offline A2Z

• Horsley, NSW
« Reply #84 on: September 08, 2013, 03:42:36 PM »
Thanks for another great OzSTOC RTE!  In spite of the heat, it was still a fun ride and a good lunch with some great people. Fiona came along for her first RTE and thoroughly enjoyed it.  As a new pillion rider she had her nervous moments but all in all, had a blast. She extends her thanks to everyone one who gave her tips on riding pillion and how to overcome her nervousness.  She can't get over how nice and friendly everyone was.  She's now looking forward to her next RTE.

As Fiona was still unsure about this bike thing, she has been using my gear to ride in until she decides whether its a goer or not. She is now keen to start shopping for her own gear. Thanks guys! You've made my life just that much easier.  :runyay

Cheers! :beer
Red, loud, rowdy, and proud.

I don't want a pickle...I just wanna ride my motorcikle!

Offline sargent

• Every days a new adventure
  • Legendary Member
  • ST Rider - Collector, NSW
« Reply #85 on: September 08, 2013, 04:04:06 PM »
Leave pass granted very early Saturday morning so no time spared getting outa the house before my luck ran out..... :KissBlow (she really is a good woman).

Straight up the concrete for me and voted at Richmond before heading out early along the Putty Rd
Was a treat to get there early and watch every one turn up spasmodically  :wink1 .....
Was a even more a blessing to eat early before the Sand storm started... :nahnah

Great to catch up with you all again and even better seeing all the new faces every time.
Another prospective member was issued with a card at the café as well.

Untill next time we meet, Ride safe and enjoy.
Robert - White ST1100P (they're just better)

Offline JuST Peter

• Quakers Hill NSW
« Reply #86 on: September 08, 2013, 10:04:24 PM »
My post's a tad late, but I thoroughly enjoyed the run (after the GPS spat the dummy and got me lost) and was good to catch up with old mates and to meet some new ones too.
It was also nice of the boys in blue to take the day off. 
Looking forward to the next one.

Cheers,
Peter.
Ulysses #41044; OzSTOC #14
I love what I ride and ride what I love

Offline Pocket STocker

• Global Moderator
  • Snuggled UP2ST2UP
« Reply #87 on: September 09, 2013, 08:57:26 AM »
Thanks for another great OzSTOC RTE!  In spite of the heat, it was still a fun ride and a good lunch with some great people. Fiona came along for her first RTE and thoroughly enjoyed it.  As a new pillion rider she had her nervous moments but all in all, had a blast. She extends her thanks to everyone one who gave her tips on riding pillion and how to overcome her nervousness.  She can't get over how nice and friendly everyone was.  She's now looking forward to her next RTE.

As Fiona was still unsure about this bike thing, she has been using my gear to ride in until she decides whether its a goer or not. She is now keen to start shopping for her own gear. Thanks guys! You've made my life just that much easier.  :runyay

Cheers! :beer

There is some information in the Pillion section that may help Allen, and dont forget the deals from our "Preferred Suppliers" when shopping for new gear.

Pockey  :wink1
Pockey

Skinny Milk Tantrum Speacilist #1

FarRider #757

pillions@ozstoc.com

Mbl: 0428792420

Cinderella is proof that a pair of shoes can change your life ;)

Offline A2Z

• Horsley, NSW
« Reply #88 on: September 09, 2013, 09:23:48 AM »

There is some information in the Pillion section that may help Allen, and dont forget the deals from our "Preferred Suppliers" when shopping for new gear.

Pockey  :wink1
[/quote]

Thanks Pockey. Yes, I did forget about that.  :H. I'll check it out now.

Allen
Red, loud, rowdy, and proud.

I don't want a pickle...I just wanna ride my motorcikle!